Part 5: Murderous Rage

Tuesday, September 12th, 1989: When I went to school the next day I couldn't help but brag to all the girls about my makeout session with Axl. Even though I didn't go all the way, I still got some points for kissing him and showing him my breasts.

        I usually walk home with Kelly but since she was absent today I was alone. I felt someone tap my shoulder and I turned around to see Randy, a guy from my chemistry class. "Hey, Brooke." "Oh hey, Randy." there was an awkward pause when he began walking alongside me. 

        "So is all that stuff about you and that Axl Rose guy true?" he asked. "Yes it is." "Are you two like...dating?" "I'm not really sure what we are. We haven't put a label on it." I said. "Oh." he said sadly. "Why?" "Well...I kind of wanted to ask you out. But I heard all this stuff about you and that guy in the band and I wanted to know if it were true before I asked you."

        "I'm sorry he and I are kind of a thing. We can still be friends though, if you'd like?" I offered. He smiled. "Sure." "You wanna walk me home?" I asked, remembering he only lived two blocks down from me. My house is on the way to his. "Yeah I'd love to. I wouldn't want something to happen to you all by yourself."

        We talked about class and music and all kinds of stuff on the way home. We've been partners in class twice but aside from that, this is the first time we've actually talked. And I really enjoyed myself.

        He walked me up to my doorstep. "Thanks for walking me home." I said. "You're welcome. I better get home and work on this hard chemistry homework we have." he said with a long sigh. "It's not that hard. Do you want to come in and I'll show you?" I asked. Randy smiled. "Okay."

        I opened the door and we walked inside together, chatting away carelessly. We didn't even realize we were being watched.

        Later on that night, Axl sat in the dressing room with Duff and Izzy after a tiring show. Someone came with a phone call for him. He held his hand out and answered it. "This is Axl." "I'm afraid I might have some bad news about your little girlfriend." Tommy, the man Axl hired to spy on me while he was away, said.

        He sat upright in his chair, suddenly more alert. "What happened?" "She walked home with a fellow from her school and they went to her house together. He didn't leave until just before her parents got home." Tommy said. Axl balled his hand into a fist. He was mad. More than mad. Livid. That little punk thinks he can get with my Brooke? Doesn't he know she's my girl? he thought to himself.

        "Is that all?" he asked trying to remain calm. "That's all. Nothing else suspicious." "Thank you." he hung up and threw the phone into the wall. Duff and Izzy stared at him with wide eyes. "What the hell was that all about?" Duff asked. Axl got up and started to pace the room angrily. 

        "Axl, man, you alright?' Izzy asked. Axl shook his head. He was breathing deeply and he had a murderous rage in his eyes. He stopped suddenly and looked at his two bandmates sitting there. "Cancel the rest of the shows this week. I'm going back to L.A." he said then stormed out of the room.