Chapter 22

Yo! The final chapter is here! I hope the ending is perfect just how it is! If not, you can beat me up. XD This chapter is the longest than the rest of the chapters!

Last lyrics for this chapter is Still A Survivor by Akon!

______________________________________________

"Faith..."

It was dark. Nothing was heard except for the familiar, faint voice.

"Faith..."

The voice was to be recognized but the figure of the speaker was no where to be shown.

"Oh, Faith...wake up, sweetie."

"Mom...?"

After some time, Faith Walker slowly opened her eyes, observing the sudden bright light and a mysterious person looking down at her. Fae cautiously sat up; continued to stare at what appears to be her mother, Catherine Emily Smith.

Emily smiled at Fae's shocked expression. "Hello, Faith. It's good to see you." "Mom!" Fae quickly stood up and tackled her mother into a hug, which Emily willingly replied to the same action. The older woman stroked the young girl's hair while Fae tried to hold back tears that was forming in her eyes.

"Mom...I missed you so much," she whispered. "I missed you, too, Faith...I told you we'll see each other again," Emily reminded. Realizing the circumstances, Fae give a glance at her mother, then looked around at where they were in. "Am I...dead?" Fae questioned. Emily gave a sigh. "We don't know yet."

The teenage girl looked confused. "What do you mean we don't know yet?" "Faith, it's kind of complicated than it's supposed to be," Emily explained, "You were inside a burning building. Not to mention, you got shot in the leg. This can all lead to your death...but at the same time...it doesn't have to be."

Noticing the girl's puzzled face, Emily chuckled. "I think it's best if you just see it for yourself," she suggested.

The angelic woman took Fae's hand and the bright, cloudy surrounding was slowly replaced to an inside of a room. Before she could question, Fae spotted herself in a hospital bed, unconscious; with a certain young, teenager with an afro sitting beside her.

"Huey..."

"He's been by your side ever since that night with that burning building. He was also treated as well. Fortunately, it was nothing serious and he was all right once he woke up. You, on the other hand, have not woken up and is in critical condition. He doesn't want to leave the room until he knows you're fine," Emily informed.

The mother and daughter were silent once Huey's voice spoke up. "Hope...is irrelevant...but I just hope you get better soon." The older Freeman stroked the comatose girl's head. "Jazmine said that if I pray, things will get better. The only time I prayed was for my friend, Shabazz K. Milton Berle, when I was ten years old. I'm still not used to it...but for you, I'll try." Huey bow his head while he closed his eyes.

"To whomever I'm praying to...please...please let her wake up. She didn't ask for any of this. All she wanted was to be with her family and make up for the loss times. I know this world isn't perfect and it never will be, but it can't end like this. She deserves a better life. Anywhere she can live her life as long as she's happy...even if it means I can't see her again." Huey shakily sighed as he continued.

"All of this was supposed to be held on me. She should've never got involved with anything I have to go through. If I could take her place, I would. She's been through so much and I just want to know if she's going to make it through in the end. Please...she's the most important person in my life...I love her."