The Dog Next Door

Chapter one "Basset hound"

Noah heard the dogs bark and the cats hiss. "Looks like they're fighting again" His sister Jess sighed "Looks like it indeed" Noah said as he covered his ears with an old pellow. "Noah, do you want some peanut butter ice cream?" Jess said opening the fridge. "Sure I guess" Noah replied as he shrugged his shoulders. Jess looked at the clock, her eyes widened. "I'm sorry Noah, but i'm late to a job interview!" Jess says, gathering her wallet and phone. Noah sighed as Jess ran out the door, he walked over to the window to see a basset hound laying on the hot grass, the dog's ears were flowing in the wind. Noah laughed as the dog started to eat the grass beside him. Noah walked outside to the fence dividing the two houses, Noah lets the dog sniff his hand. The basset hound gets up from its lazy position. As the basset hound jumps on the fence Noah glaces at his collar "So your name is Chester?" Chester barks. "I'm guessing that's a yes." As Noah walks to the backyard Chester tries to follow but the backyard door is blocking Chester's way. "Do you need me to open that door of yours?" Noah smirks, Chester jumps on the door. Noah jumps over the fence and opens the back door. Noah jumps back over. They run and play for hours till Jess came back from her job interview, she was filled with glee Noah was puzzled why she was so happy. But that was a question he would ask tomorrow, he grabs his blanket and falls asleep.