°°9

[first of all, i think this chapter shall be trigger warned, so please do proceed with caution if you may be triggered >< involves verbal harrassment]

"mummy.." sodam greeted her mother as soon as she answered the call.

"hi, sodam. how are you doing with bang chan?" her mother went straight to the point.

the daughter went silent for a few seconds, trying to decipher the question. huh?

she scratches her head, unsure of what to say. at last she could only hum in response to her mother's curiosity.

"are you behaving well there? you should remember that you are now his wife. mind your manners and respect him, okay? it has been like 3 months too.. so i'm really hoping that you can accept him. i know it was so sudden, but i believe that my daughter will manage no matter the situation." her mother has started her little talk session.

to be transparent, sodam felt hurt when her mother spoke that way. sure, she said that she 'believes' in sodam, but at the same time she kept on reminding sodam of what to do. for example, respect her husband? when did she ever not do that? hope that she can accept him? she had surrendered to her fate and accept him despite everything. if anything, chan is the one who refused to accept her and basically built a huge wall between the two of them.

sodam accidentally let out a big scoff when she remembers chan with his attitude towards her. "mummy.. you said you trust me right? i have accepted him ever since we got married.. i do respect him, okay? you don't have to worry so much.." of course, she couldn't tell her mother about chan refusing to accept her.

"fine, i'm sorry. i trust you, really."

'sure.' sodam thought.

after several more reminder to treat chan well, aside from them briefly catching up with each other, the call was concluded. 

"sodam, i have an important notice for you", ms. han interrupted sodam's train of thought.

oh, if there was anything good that happened between the 3 months that have passed, it was that yang sodam managed to convince the helper to just address her as 'sodam'. in addition, they have started forming a good bond too!

"yes, ms. han?" the younger one smiled, though her raised eyebrows shows that she is dead curious of what the important notice is about.

"mr. bang said that his co-workers will be visiting the house today, so he asked to remove your things elsewhere from the living room." there goes the important notice.

the younger one blinked, trying to process the words.

"uhh.. so i should hide the things so that the place will look more presentable?"

"yes, sort of.. you can put them in my room or the empty store room for the time being." ms. han elaborated further.

sodam looks down, slowly nodding, understanding the instruction.

then, she looks at the direction of the house helper with a smile. one question strucked her mind. so before she forgets - "do i need to hide myself as well?" - she grins cheekily at the dumb yet necessary(for her) question.

"i believe you don't have to do that.. they all are at least aware that mr. bang has you as his wife", ms. han said reassuring the younger one that she doesn't have to go that far.

has her as his wife huh.. but if so, why doesn't it feel that way?

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

the day slowly passes by, exchanging shift with the night time.

after done helping ms. han with the others in the kitchen, sodam rushed to take a quick shower before chan and his guests get there. thankfully, she managed to have some time to herself too afterwards.