22

*An interesting GIF was here before I removed it HAHA*

Chapter Twenty Two
_________________

Throughout the car ride with Liam, I remained silent with my head against the window. The night had went desirably well, but after receiving some information on the man I was beginning to fancy, my mind was consumed by negative and worrisome thoughts.

How did he know so much about Harry?

I knew that Pastor Styles shared a prominent relationship with a couple of families that attended the church, but not the Payne's.

The Payne's are that family that most are skeptical to befriend for numerous of reasons. First off, they're strange; they don't like to have people in their business— even when it's good news.

We were lucky to learn that Liam was leaving Seattle. I understand that privacy is key, but hiding good news wasn't.. a norm.

Secondly, they're evidently different from everyone else. They consider choices that might not be fitting and lots of people talk about that due to their open minded opinions when it comes to certain topics.

Liam inherited that from his family, clearly.

But how could he tell me something this big and leave me with no answers? Was this all done purposely to get back at me for not choosing him over Harry?

What he said to me can be a lie, but who's that specific when it comes to a fib? I mean.. the man brought up a box.

What's in the box, though? And what is it for?

"And we're here." Liam announced, pulling into the driveway where my mother's usually parked.

Where is she?

"Thank you for tonight. I really enjoyed myself." I told him, turning my head to meet gazes with him.

A smile grew on his face before he placed his hand on my thigh. It didn't feel weird for him to touch me in this way for some reason, but the way I felt towards it wasn't similar to when Harry touched me.

"I'm glad..." He nodded. "I just hate that today will probably be my last day seeing you until I come back, which is months from now."

"I know... I'm sorry." I apologized, looking down.

"Hey... why didn't you ever like me?" Liam suddenly asked, taking me by surprise.

How do I answer this? I've never been in this position in my entire life!

"Um..." I started as I tried to figure out the proper words to use whilst fiddling with my unpolished fingers. "You're not a bad guy, Li, and you have an amazing heart. It's just.. I've been searching for fun, and excitement my entire life and I felt like you couldn't give that to me." I explained truthfully.

"Elaborate, please?"

I sighed. "Liam, we both were raised in a church and we both had rules to obey. I knew if I were to date you, I wouldn't be able to rebel. You'd make me continue listening to my parents and make me feel even more... trapped. I don't want to be trapped anymore, I want to be free."

As I said that last sentence, I felt like Harry was sitting on my shoulder. It reminded me of the conversation between us where he practically told me to be free.

I know that it won't be easy jumping into the new life I've created in my mind, but all it'll take is some time.

I have hope.