Part one: Lesson on Biology

Part one

Maksim took the stairs two at a time as he scrolled through all the messages on his phone. His gym bag swung behind him as he neared the apartment door and pulled his keys out. With one hand he turned the key and then twisted the door knob.

"Babe!" He called out as soon as he walked in. dropping his bag by the door and his keys in the little tray Ella put by the entrance, Maksim kicked off his shoes and neatly placed them in the shoe rack.

"Ell!" He called his mate once more when she didn't answer. "Pip! Anybody home?"

"Why are you shouting?" Piper yelled from her room. "Shut up!"

"Where's Ella?" Maksim asked as he poked his head into the hallway.

"In your room, where else?" Piper said from inside her room.

Maksim turned on his heels and strolled into the large bedroom on the opposite side of the apartment. He pushed the door open and found the beautiful girl sitting on the armchair by the window. The afternoon sun created a halo around her head as her brows furrowed in concentration on the laptop screen in front of her. Her earbuds were in place and Maksim could hear the distant sound of the music she was listening to.

"I don't mind waiting everyday, out on your corner in the pouring rain!" Maksim began to sign as he recognized the song Ella was listening to. "Look for the girl with the broken smile. Ask her if she wants to stay awhile..."

Ella looked up as the boy's loud voice broke through the music and grabbed her attention. She smiled and set her laptop aside as Maksim walked up to her.

"And she will be loved, and she will be loved..." he sang as he placed his hands on the armrest of the chairs and leaned in.

"Oh my god! Shut up!" Piper yelled from down the hall.

Ella's shoulder shook with laughter as Maksim ignored the girl and pulled her out of the chair. He swung her over his shoulder and carried her over to the bed.

"Tap on my window, knock on my door.....I wanna make you feel beautiful," Maksim sang along with the forgotten ipod on the chair as he laid Ella against the pillows.

"Hi baby," Ella grinned as she looked up at the prince hovering over her. "How was training?"

"Draining," Maksim sighed. "I hated every second of it."

"Was it with your dad or Eggs?"

"Both," Maksim groaned.

"Oh," Ella frowned. "I'm so sorry."

"Don't make me go back," Maksim dropped his weight onto Ella and kissed the side of her face.

"Your hair is wet," Ella reached up and pushed the dark locks out of the way.

Maksim smiled as he leaned into her touch. He knew Ella liked to dry his hair. So everyday after training, he left his hair wet after the shower for her to have her fun.

"I might catch a big cold," Maksim said as he lowered his head and picked up Ella's shirt. He grinned as his ears picked up the sound of Ella's heartbeat spiking.

She watched him stick his head under her shirt. The cold water droplets fell from his strands like rain and shocked her skin. Ella shrieked as Maksim began to shake his head like a wet dog under her shirt.

"Max!" Ella tried to push him away. "That's cold! Stop!"

"Stay still," Maksim laughed as he tried to grab Ella's flaring arms.

"Stop!" Ella giggled uncontrollably as Maksim's nose began to tickle her belly. She twisted to her side and pushed Maksim away. With one quick jump, she was off the bed.