Woven - Part 1

Dear Neena_writes, Thank you so much for giving me the much needed push to write this one!!
This one's for you! ❤️

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Popping some chana in her mouth, she climbed the stairs up to the main door of Shantivan.

She was pondering over what she saw at the temple today. "Laad Governor ne aaj uss chotisi bachi ke liye kabootar kharid liye.... Vo bhi saare!!? Ek insan ke itne roop... Hey devi maiya, unhe samajhne ke chakkar mein kahi hum hi pagal na ho jae". (Today that Laad Governor bought pigeons for the little girl.. and that too all of them? How can a person have so many shades. I hope I don't lose my mind trying to understand him)

Shaking her head, she rang the door bell.

"Khushi-ji", a sweet voice welcomed her with a polite smile.

"Namaste Anjali-ji", replied Khushi with a smile. "Voh aaj subah hum mandir gaye the, Amma Babuji ke saath, isiliye aane mein thodi der hogayi. Lavanya-ji kaha hai? (Hi Anjali. I was visiting the temple with my parents this morning. That's why I've come a little late. Where is Lavanya?)

"Vo apne kamre mein hai" said Anjali, not so enthusiastically. (She's in her room)

As they reached the main hall, something drew Khushi's attention. Workers were running around here and there as if preparing for a pooja. Just the thought of it caused Khushi to forget about the temple incident. She squealed excitedly "Are wah, lagta hai aaj koi bahot badi pooja hone wali hai! Anjali-ji, hum bhi madad karenge!" (Wow! Looks like there's gonna be a big ceremony today. Anjali, even I'll help you arrnage it)

Anjali spoke glumly, "Khushi-ji voh.... Darasal aaj mumma papa ki barsi hai toh isi-" (Khushi, the thing is that... today is our parents' death anniversary. That's why-)

Om Prakash interrupted, "Anjali didi, barsi ke havan ki samagri. Ye lijiye" (Anjali ma'am, here are the things you've asked for)

"Ji Om Prakash ji, aap ye Pandit-ji ko de dijiye. Pandit-ji, baaki ke samagri ki vyavastha hum kar rahe hai" (Yes Om Prakash, please give it to the Pandit-ji. Till then I'll arrange the other things)

Pandit-ji acknowledged what was said by Anjali.

Khushi's heart wrenched. She had zoned out completely. Arnav-ji. That was her only thought. Just by thinking that this pair of siblings had lost their parents too was making her feel terrible. She immediately pulled Anjali in a hug "Hume maaf kar dijiye! Hume pata nahi tha" (I'm sorry, I was unaware)

Breaking the hug, both the ladies looked at each other with moist eyes. "Koi baat nahi Khushi-ji. Hum theek hai. Hum abhi aate hai". Saying this she left to prepare for the barsi. (Don't worry, I'm okay. I'll be back)

Arnav-ji! Again the thought crossed her mind. Hume unse baat karni chahiye. Unki bhi Amma Babuji.... She darted upstairs towards his room. (I should talk to him. Even his parents...)

~

"....baaki ka kaam tum sambhal lena, Aman.... Okay..." saying this he hung up the phone. (Handle the rest of the work, Aman)

*Knock knock*

He opened the door to find Khushi standing in front of him. Considering yesterday's argument, he deemed it better to not get into another fight with her. He shot her a look and walked back inside the room.