1. A Beautiful Miracle

"You are a liar. You promised that you will be with me always. Humesha. But you broke your promise, Mani. You knew I can't live without you still you left me alone. I will never forgive you for doing this with me. Never." Said Nandini crying while hugging a photo of Manik near to her chest. Her face pale and red.

"Nandu.."

Nandini turned to the voice and immediately hugged Mukti who came in her room. Mukti patted her head.

"He lied to me, Mukti. He lied. I need him, please. Uski Golu nahi reh sakti uske bina. Please bring him back. Mujhe Mani chahiye." Nandini sobbed in her embrace. Mukti closed her eyes painfully.

"Nandu.. Ssshh. Calm down baby. You know na aisa nei ho sakta. Manik is-"

"What is going on here?" Before Mukti could complete, they heard a stern voice.

"Ansh.." Mukti was about to say something when Ansh showed his hand to her. She kept quite. He was looking at Nandini.

"Nandi, come for lunch. It's all your favorite. We were waiting from long." He said softly. Nandini shook her head.

"I am not hungry. You guys continue." Hearing her Ansh gritted his teeth.

"I said come for lunch, Nandi. Don't taste my patience."

"Ansh please, aaramse.." Mukti tried to intervene.

"Are you serious? This girl is not ready to eat or drink anything. Haalat dekhi hai iski? She can't be stubborn always. Aisa nahi hota hai. Sirf ek insaan ki vajah se hum jeena chod nahi saktay. She has to take care of herself. Voh-"

"Right bhai. Sirf ek insaan ki vajah se jeena chod nei sakte. But you know what, voh insaan hi meri jeene ki vajah hai. He is the reason I breathe for. Aur agar voh nahi, toh mujhe kuch bhi nahi chahiye." Said Nandini before storming out of her room crying.

"Nandu.. Ruko. Listen to me.." Mukti's call fell to deaf ears. Ansh fumed in anger.

"Damn it!"

"Ansh.. You could have talk with her calmly. She was already very sad. Why did you say all that? You know how much she loves Manik. Still.."

"Yeah right. She loves him. I agree. But she has to understand. Do you know how much Niyo maa and Dad are worried? She is behaving all insane. What she is asking for is not possible. Usey bhi pata hain ki Manik ab-"

"NANDINIIIIIII"

Hearing the loud voice of a person both MukAnsh widened their eyes and immediately ran out and gets shocked seeing Nandini unconscious.

"Nandiii!" Ansh panicked and tapped her cheeks. Mukti was rubbing her hands.

"Nandu, open your eyes. What happened to her suddenly, Manik?" Mukti asked Manik who was holding her near to his heart and trying to wake her.

"I don't know, Mukti. I came here to surprise her as she was very upset with me. When I entered, she bumped with me and I held her. She just hugged me tightly while crying and suddenly fainted. Golu.. open your eyes jaan. See, Mani is here." Said Manik while shaking her.

When Manik and Mukti were talking, Ansh had called the doctor. He turned to Manik.

"Buddy, let's take her to room. Doctor is on the way. Come." Manik nodded and taking her in his arms moved towards her room.

_________________

"Everything fine, doctor? She is fine right? Why she fainted suddenly? And.. and why isn't she awake yet?"

Manik bombarded his questions on the doctor who just finished Nandini's check up. He was sitting beside her holding her hand in his. Doctor sighed.

"Relax Mr. Malhotra. She is absolutely fine. Just a little weak. I suppose she's skipping her meals. For now, I have injected her. Let her sleep for sometime. When she will get up, give her something to eat and then the prescribed medicines." Said doctor on which Manik nodded looking at Nandini. Ansh thanked the doctor and went out with him. Mukti sat on opposite side of Nandini and caressed her face.