Miyu Sugawara

"My boys are invincible champions if they put their minds to it."

Miyu Sugawara is a Third Year at Fukurodani Academy and the manager of the academy's boys' soccer team. She is the younger twin sister of Koshi Sugawara.

Appearance
   Miyu stands at 160.2 cm (5'3") with natural grey hair that reaches past her waist and mud brown eyes. Like her older brother, Miyu usually has a bright smile on her face and, unlike her brother, Miyu typically wears her hair in a ponytail with her bangs parted to each side of her face.
   As a student at Fukurodani Academy, Miyu wears the standard female uniform; light grey sweater vest, blue bow and a white dress shirt. She also wears a black shirt, knee-high white socks and black lolita school shoes.
   At practices, she wears dark blue shorts and a white shirt, which is the opposite of the team who wear dark blie shirts and white shorts. During Winter, Miyu wears tracksuit pants instead of shorts.
   During training camps and official matches, Miyu wears her standard sports clothing with the Fukurodani Soccer jacket.

Personality
   Generally a gentle person, Miyu encourages the team to keep on trying their best and does her best to find a manager for the years after she graduates.
   Even though she isn't fond of playing a sport, when her friend, Shota Tachibana, asked her if she could be the soccer manager for the boys' team, Miyu accepted the request. She'll go to the ends of the Earth for the other Third Years of the soccer team, the two boys being her closest friends since their first year.
   Peceptiveness is Miyu's speciality. Like Kenma Kozume, Miyu will keep her distance and notice how people interact, as well as other details others usually wouldn't notice. The coach of the boys' soccer team explained that was why he welcomed her to the club, since she would tell what the boys needed work on at practices. Also because of this, Miyu comes off a strange from time to time.
   As of her second year, Miyu is more open to meeting people due to being in Tokyo for over a year at that point, but would still rather be with close friends. To the team, she is known to become "feral" when annoyed, frustrated, tired or all of the stated. The team tends to keep an eye on her, to keep her from becoming "feral".
   Like a doting mother, she has expressed that she is proud of the team and Miyu explained that she would love to watch her kohai grow, but is unable to due to college the next year and future work. If something were to happen to the team, Daisuke Ito has joked that she would lose all sanity - to which Miyu argued that she believes she would, because she loves them like they were her brothers as well.

Background
   Miyu grew up with her mother and her older twin brother until the yeat before high school. By the end of the year, she had decided that she wanted to go to Fukurodani, even if her brother was going to stay in Miyagi. Miyu later moved in with her father and step-mother, who lived near the academy.
   Even with the distance between them, Koshi and Miyu still stayed close and often kept each other up to date with their lives.
   Unfortunately, Miyu and Koshi's father passed away during the twins' second year. Wanting to keep their friend with them, Shota and Daisuke offer to let her live with them; their home later becomes where the soccer team lives together.
   At the start of her third year, Miyu brought a German Shepherd (Scout) which the team dubbed as the Team Dog.

Relationships
Fukurodani Academy
   Kotaro Bokuto
   Being the captain of the volleyball team, Kotaro knows Shota Tachibana and later met Miyu through Yukie Shirofuku. Kotaro and Miyu are close, mostly due to their mutual friendships with Keiji Akaashi and the volleyball managers.

   Keiji Akaashi
   After meeting before practice once, Keiji and Miyu spend time during and outside of school. The two have a mutual respect for each other, they both have individual ways of dealing with Emo Bokuto.

   Yukie Shirofuku
   Yukie and Miyu were in the same class for three years and developed a close friendship. Due to her abilities of being able to cook like a professional, Miyu often makes extra lunch for Yukie if she gets hungry.

   Shota Tachibana
   Shota was the one who initially got Miyu to be the soccer manager and the two of the them became close after that. They share a brother-sister friendship, and Miyu was one of the first people to accept Shota as homosexual.

   Daisuke Ito
   Upon their first meeting, Daisuke and Miyu had a rivalry of sorts, as they would continuous compete in academics and it led to Miyu kicking a soccer into Daisuke's face. As they live together, there is friendly banter between the two often and Shota does hos best to stop them.

Other Schools
   Koshi Sugawara
   Being her older brother by 5 minutes, Koshi has always seen a responsiblity over Miyu and does everything he can to make sjre she knows she's loved. Miyu and Koshi tell each other everything, from crushes and heartbreaks to their teams.

   Daichi Sawamura
   Her brother's best friend, Miyu first met Daichi in their first year when she was visiting Miyagi and teases both boys about being so close. Daichi makes sure to watch over Miyu when it's just the two of them in public, to ensure no one tries anything with Miyu - cause no one wants to deal with angry, protective Koshi.

   Kenma Kozume
   Even though they had been online friends for years, Kenma and Miyu never met each other in person. It wasn't because they didn't want to, neither could be bothered and would much rather see each other in-game.

Facts about Miyu
• Her favourite colour is purple.
• She mostly cooks dinner for the team, but is offered help by her underclassmen.
• Miyu found Scout at an animal shelter when she and Shota were walking home with the grocery shopping.
• She hates her height bring referenced, so she'll glare at those who mention her height.
• Her kohai call her Kitty-senpai from time to time due to Miyu acting like a cat in the early mornings or late nighttime.
• Miyu will crack jokes and say that she's not funny, which makes others laugh.