Chapter 2

A/N: Hi :) This is just me saying that I'll be writing this in the first person from now on cause it's more natural. 

Feyre

"Feyre darling, wake uppp!" I heard my mate say in my ear. I waved him away.

"Go away, I'm sleeping!" I mumbled.

"Darling! You wound me!" He presses a kiss to my neck, mumbling. "Wake uppp!" Finally, I turn to face him and I see him grinning like a maniac.

"Good morning to you too, prick," I say, he smiles wider at that and pressed a kiss to my lips. "Ugh, kill me now!" I say when I remember what we have to do today.

"You know I would never hurt you, but you could pretend to be so, very sick that you can't move?" He says. No one ever wants to go.

"No, it's also my responsibility I guess!" I say rather dramatically, he starts to laugh at me.

"Fey-Fey! Rhysie! We want breakfast!" I hear Cassian shout. I roll my eyes and get out of bed, leaving Rhysand whining.

"No," Azriel says, irritably, "you wanted breakfast, and dragged me here." I get to the door and slightly open it.

"It's the crack of dawn," I remark.

"That's what I said," Azriel mutters, and I laugh.

"Come on, curse breaker! You save like everyone from Amarantha, fight a war, but you can't let me have breakfast?"

"Hey, Cass, nice to see you too. What's the password?" I say grinning. I hear him groan, as he does every day.

"Aren't we passed this? I'm hungry!" He says. I shake my head as he sighs. "Feyre could beat Cassian's ass any day, she just chooses not to." I smile and fully open the door. 

"Help yourselves, you Illyrian babies." Cassian shoots past. I speak to Azriel, since he wasn't hungry. Rhys was also stuffing himself in the kitchen. I just laugh with Az.

"You know, if you eat all our food, you have to come with us today!" I say, teasing him. I know he will make up some half-assed excuse. He just looked at me with a shit-eating grin.

"I'm making sure the camp lords train the females properly." He said. That was the only good excuse he's ever made. I slowly walk upstairs, knowing this is the worst day of the month.

-

The rest of the High Lords were really starting to piss me off. Ever since we defeated Hybern, we had monthly meetings that usually consisted of everyone making small talk about trade agreements or the annual holidays that was special to the one court. These meetings dragged on, and a new tactic was for Mor and I is where we get slightly drunk, just enough for the meetings to be slightly more bearable, but not enough for the others to notice, but Mor wasn't here. nor was anyone else from our inner circle, so it was just me and Rhysand. No, doing this was not very high ladylike for me to do that, but this day every month dragged on and on. The only difference this time was that they were now arguing about the humans.

 "Why would we let the humans over, when we've thrived for millennia?" Tamlin argued. 

"That's the whole point!" Kallias shot back. "High Lady," he said, turning to me. "Have the humans thrived as we have?" He asked. I was being brought into this a hell of a lot due to me being human for nineteen years of my life.

"No, a lot of the people I knew bearly had enough to survive." I supplied. It was calm but firm, and it made Tamlin fume. Beron piped up.

"Why is that our problem? We fought in the war so they don't become slaves, why do they want even more?" In this particular argument, it was Beron and Tamlin against Rhysand and me, Kallias and Viviane. Helion, Thesan and Tarquin 'didn't care'. Even if we did get even one more High Lord on our side, it wouldn't matter, the first court they would have to go through is the spring court, Tamlins region, then the one of the second was Beron's. 

"You heard my lady," Rhysand said, "the humans are barely scraping by!" We had almost finished the repairs in Velaris, as had the other courts and their respective cities. I was about to open my mouth to back up my mate's point, when I sensed a new sort of power. A lot of power, maybe even more than Rhysand. It didn't feel like it came from any of the fae from Pythian, so where? It seemed like everyone had sensed it because the high lords threw a shield around themselves and their entourages.

"What is that?" Thesan said. It was the first time he had spoken since we chose sides at the start of the meeting.

"I don't know, but I don't think anyone else does either," I said. No one spoke up to contradict me. 

What could that be? That's a hell of a lot of power. I ask Rhys through our bond

I don't know, but it might be from somewhere like Hybern, keep on your guard. He replies

You know, it feels like this creature, fae, thing has more power than you! If it's nothing, you're going to have some competition. I say teasingly, his response was mumbling something down the bond or out loud, I don't know. The magic got stronger and stronger like it was falling towards us, but no one could see where it was coming from. I was going to ask the others if they had any ideas, when something clad in black crashed through the roof, I was too late to throw my shield out to slow their fall, but it didn't matter. The thing landed on it's feet. They had some sort of suit on, with a hood up so I had no clue if they were human or fae, but they had a very feminine voice when they said,

"Where the hell am I?"