Chapter 14

"Yeah, you know strawberry shortcakes are a lot harder to make than it seems. It took me all day for it to be perfect." He replied. "But it was worth it."

She smiled.

"It really is perfect. And, um, I didn't know you were an artist."

"I wouldn't call myself that. But you can."

 Enola fondly rolled her eyes, "Well, the painting was beautiful."

"Thank god, it took me a week to finish it. I thought you didn't like it."

"Why wouldn't I ?"

"Because you didn't mention it earlier."

"Oh. Yeah, about that... I kind of thought Thomas painted it."

"What ?" he said, a little bit of anger and jealousy in the voice.

"You signed it 'T' ! Would it be too hard to write your entire name ?"

"Okay, maybe it was a bit confusing. But I'm glad you liked it."

"You don't have any more presents for me do you ? Because I would feel guilty for not giving you anything for your birthday."

He laughed.

"No, unfortunately I didn't have time to get you another gift."

*half an hour later*

Tewksbury was talking with some guests when Thomas came.

"Do you know where Enola is ? I have been looking for her for the past 20 minutes."

"I didn't see her." he replied sharply.

Thomas left and Tewksbury continued to talk with the guests when he thought about something.

"Would you excuse me, I have to go somewhere," he quickly apologized before leaving in hurry.

He passed through the crowd and went to the hiding place. He opened the white and gold curtains and walked in.

"Hey." Enola said.

"What are you doing here ?"

She was sitting on a chair, reading.

"I'm bored. I told you, boring balls full of boring people are not my thing."

"Okay, then let's get out of here."

She looked up.

"What ?"

"Let's do something fun."

"Don't you want to stay here ?"

"I was only staying for you."

She smiled and took his hand.

"Come on."

They tried to act normal while crossing the room. They stopped at the exit, looked around them before running and laughing at the same time. The duo were in the street when Enola stopped.

"Ouch ! Side stitch !" Enola shouted.

They continued to laugh and both realized that they hadn't been that happy in a really long time.