Skychild

*Prologue*

He did it , Link had finally beaten Demise, and locked him up along with that creepy weapon of his in the goddess blade. He saved Zelda, and the surface from the darkness that had laid claim to it. Though the Surface is still dangerous, there is no longer the underlying evil that once was. Link had come through, his destiny was done, and now they could return to Skyloft... home. It was finally all over... or so he thought.

A Month Later...

Link awoke that morning to the sound of someone knocking on his door and groaned, rolling back over and tossing the covers up over his head. Why does everyone in Skyloft have to wake up so early? Sleep was one of the things he didn't get much of on his journey. He pulled the covers down slightly to peer over at his clock. It reads12:27pm. He jumps out of bed in alarm, realizing that it wasn't so early and he was going to be late.

"Hey, sleepy head!" Zelda chimed from behind his door. "Were going to be late to training!" She confirmed his frantic thoughts.

"j-just a second!" Link calls back as he struggles to get his pants on, and fumbles with his shirt and tunic. Pulling the last of his clothes over his head along with his sword and shield, Link burst out of his door nearly barreling into Zelda who has her hands on her hips and a playful scowl on her face. He smiles at her sheepishly.

"Ready." He mumbled. He was embarrassed that he slept so late... Zelda crosses her arms over her chest and shakes her head at him. "You are never ready Link." She says with a smile. "Come on!" Zelda laughs and grabs his arm, pulling the reluctant hero after her to training.

Link Sat bored and daydreaming in the back of training class. He drifted off in thought about this past month he'd spent at Skyloft, and the odd dreams and feelings he's been having. He felt as though something was pulling him back to the surface... He couldn't describe it, just as this inexplicable need to go back. And the dreams... god, the dreams... They were horrible yet amazing, they always involved pain, and... Link shivered, not wanting to think about what else happens in his dreams. They would happen every night and Link would wake up sweaty and confused. He would seem to be searching for something in Faron woods, and would be ambushed by that disturbing demon... Ghirahim. Link shivers again, remembering that unnerving tongue of his. And the worst part was... He liked it.

"Hey! Link!" Link is snapped out of his trance by Groose shaking him by the shoulders. "Fight trainings over buddy, now we have to go to Night flight club." Link had forgotten he had one more class today. Every knight was now required to take a class that would help them to train their loftwing to fly at night, so they could defend skyloft when the monsters came out. Groose stands, pulling Link up with him. "I know you don't need fighting skills training, but I wasn't going to let you sleep through the one class you enjoy! Come on! You're going to make me late!" Groose says excitedly, not waiting for a reply and pulling Link hurriedly after him.

Link didn't know what it was he loved so much about Night Flight club, perhaps it was seeing the wonders of the night sky while bonding with his loftwing... or how he could see the Surface through the clouds as if he was looking through the murky water of a lake. He felt so much closer to the Surface this way. Everything truly is more beautiful at night... he thought.

After finishing their rounds of Night Flight Club the friends head back to the academy to get some well needed rest from a long day of training. After saying goodnight to Zelda and Groose Link decided to bathe to relax his taut muscles. He stripped bare and hissed as he sank into the steaming water, letting out a content sigh as the water engulfed his strained chest and shoulder muscles that are still smarting from riding his loftwing for hours. He closed his eyes and allowed himself to sink deeper into the water.

Links eyes snap open at the sound of soft laughter.

"Hello, skychild." The demon Lord Ghirahim says calmly, perched on the side of his bath with his head resting in one hand.