The calling of a hero

Link screams and jumps backward sending a shower of water in every direction.

"Really, Link? A simple hello would have sufficed." Ghirahim says glaring behind his now sopping wet hair. Links breath caught in his throat.

How is he there? He's supposed to be dead. He IS dead.

"Your not real." Link narrows his eyes, staring at the demon defiantly. Ghirahim bends over, his face mere inches from Links.

"Oh, I am very real skychild." Ghirahim purrs, sliding his long tongue against the hero's cheek, causing him to flinch away. Ghirahim chuckles and grabs him by the chin, forcing Link to look at him. "Are you not happy to see me hero of time?" He says mockingly, swirling black orbs gazing into Links blue ones. "After all this time this is how you welcome your Lord Ghirahim?" A smile plays at the edge of his pale lips.

"You're NOT my lord." Link snaps trying to twist his head away from Ghirahim's grasp. Ghirahim gives a devious smile and digs his nails into Links chin, eliciting a painful gasp. In that instant Ghirahim smashes his lips against his in an aggressive kiss. Links eyes widen as Ghirahim's demon tongue explores his mouth and he finds himself kissing back, twirling his tongue around with Ghirahim's in a lustful battle. Ghirahim breaks the kiss and licks along Links jaw line collecting his blood on his tongue. He must have broken the skin during our kiss... a kiss that I returned passionately... the realization dawned on him. A warning alarm going off in the back of his mind, Link jerks his head back only to have it connect with porcelain. Instant pain explodes in his skull and black spots dot his vision till Link feels he will pass out. He hears a faint giggle and something about him being a foolish boy before blackness engulfs him.

Link starts, in a daze and not entirely sure what is going on. Cold... so... cold. Link notices he is still in the bath as his vision comes into focus, the water now ice cold. I must have fell asleep...so..it was a dream? Link shivers, not only from the cold... He attempts to stand, trying to get some warmth back into his body. It's no use... his legs were too weak from the cold and water absorption... He decides he's just going to have to pull himself out. Link grips the faucet and pulls himself forward and up, grunting at the strain of lifting most of his body weight. Okay, you can do this... just one big push and... "AUGH!" Link yells with effort as he throws himself forward, landing face first on the bathroom floor. He rises to his hands and knees, stretching his legs out to test their durability and stands shakily, gripping the sink for support. He makes his way carefully over to his clothes and towel, staying mindful of the floor soaked with water. Once he is dry and dressed Link heads to his room and plops down on his bead trying not to think of his most vivid dream and soon drifts off to sleep once more.

Link awakens peacefully in his bed, he had slept without dreams. He sat up, rubbing his forehead. He had a horrible headache for some reason...but thought nothing more of it and, since he was already awake, decided to grab some breakfast. It was quiet in the academy as Link walked to the dining area, he figured he'd awoken early since he had fell asleep during his bath. He remembered his dream of Ghirahim... it felt so real.. the demon's tongue, his nails, his lips.... "Ow!" Link yelps at a sudden pain in his shoulder, he had run into a pillar while he was lost in thought. Good thing no one was around to see that...he should really be more careful.. The hero piles food upon his plate and sits, eating his breakfast mindlessly.

After he's finished Link decides to go on a flight. He and his loftwing relish in the warm breeze amidst the clouds, the sun heating their backs as they fly onward with no particular direction or destination. Lost in the moment. Links migrane suddenly grows stronger to a heavy pounding in his head, making him dizzy.

Skychild... a deep but melodic voice filled links head.

"What? Gh-Ghirahim??" Link heaves his head up to look around confused. His whole body felt heavy... like this enormous weight was crushing down on him.

Come to me skychild...

No! Stop!! Link shakes his head violently.

Skychild...

"AAAUUGGHH! Get out of my head!" Link screams out loud in frustration making his loftwing squawk in alarm. "Sorry buddy." He soothed his bird with a head rub. "Take me home... I'm not feeling well." Link looked around cautiously, his eyes darting to the surface. He was wary now... first the dream and now this, whatever this was... this was more than just some dream or hallucination. No... This is real, and he had a very nervous feeling about it all.

Once back on skyloft Link met up with Zelda and Groose, they were in the middle of the picnic they had planned. He had completely forgotten... I guess I was gone longer than I thought.... He felt guilty.

"Hey Link!" Groose stands up to greet the hero. "You're late....again." Groose crosses his arms. "No surprise there." He huffs.

"Hi Link!" Zelda calls from her position on the ground as the hero approaches them. "Come join us!" She waves with a laugh that seemed to brighten the day. Link sat down beside Zelda and tried to peer into her basket of goodies, his headache incident had worked up his appetite and he was curious as to what she had brought in that basket nearly as big as himself. She had an assortment of foods and delicacies already laid out in various places on the blanket such as freshly sliced watermelon and cantaloupe, crisp baked breads and pies, seasoned salads and steamed vegetables, everything except meat.

Zelda never ate meat... Link wasn't sure why, maybe she just didn't like it? He didn't understand it, and unfortunately that's exactly what he was craving... meat, a big piece of tender, juicy, succulent meat, of any kind. The hero was surprised by his sudden massive craving. It was just like his craving for the surface... Imposing, unusual, and completely out of the blue. Maybe their just impulsive? Possibly they have nothing to do with each other... He wasn't so sure.

It was almost dark when the three friends were at the closing of their picnic, Link walked to the academy with them then dispersed to his own quarters to relax. He lay on his bed gazing out his window and listening to the musical chirping of crickets, his desire for the surface returning, it never left... the feeling was always there... but it was stronger at night. Link shuts his window angrily. Why should the surface matter?! Why should any of this matter when I am finally home!? He plops down on his bed in confused frustration. Why me? Link rests his head in his hands. Almost immediately bright burning pain seeps into his mind, he rolls to the floor holding his head as waves of hot agony wash over him in what seem like endless threads of time. He grinds his teeth, struggling through the pain as at last it begins to subside... Leaving the hero to lay were he had fallen, exhausted, breathing heavily and with effort.