Chapter- 2 - Affinity

"Oh, you guys are here too?"

"Aadhik?" "Uncle?"

It was Shivali's younger brother one who didn't seem to care about anything but himself.

"Yes, I did not expect you guys to come here today" he replied.

"Come on, we had to, it's papa's birthday after all, had he been alive he would have turned 92 today",    said Maa.

Let's sit down and have cup of tea while reminiscing the days gone" he suggested

We all headed inside, and after a hour of remembering the old days they left.

We headed straight to Nani spend some time with her.

As we were entering the house after meeting Nani, my head started to hurt again and I fell down... but this time, It felt different!....It was different!! ........someone was saying something, an echoing voice, repeating

"We'll need to escape or they'll find us"

again and again.

"Are you okay honey" Maa asked, "Yes, I am fine, it just happened suddenly",

"Oh Honey! It will be alright, come on let's have dinner"

Laying at my bed, I was desperately waiting for sleep to come, yet it did not, my mind rather kept thinking about what I heard, my mind kept asking questions.

"Who was saying it?" "What are they?" "Who were they escaping?" "Why am I hearing this?" "Why me?"

-A Few days later-

"Honey, there is something I need to talk to you about" Maa stated seriously.

I was worried and hoped it was nothing about Nani and that she still doesn't know anything about the surgery.

"Sure maa, what is it?" "Your dad called" ........

"He said that I will have to return back because of the business"

"But maa it has only been a week! You can't go!"      

 "I know honey but it's for our company!"

"Nani needs us! How can we leave now?"

"I know, that is why I ask you to stay here and look after Nani"

".......fine, when are you leaving?" "In an hour, I packed my stuff last night, shall we go and meet Nani?"

"Yes, please!" I replied.

That evening I came home from the hospital and suddenly felt weird probably because now I am all alone in this HUGE house.

As I crossed the basement door I fell down because of my headache, I heard something........the same voice, again.

"Go, go and hide in basement that is the only place they won't be able to find you"

"NO! I can't leave you here"

"AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH"

I sighed and got up, I thought of going into the basement but then I decided not to and headed towards my room and lied down.

Next day I woke up late so I skipped breakfast and went to nani, as I entered her ward I saw 

Dr. Agastya sitting next to her and chatting like they were friends for decades, as I saw both of them laugh, a smile formed upon my face.