CHAPTER SEVEN

MONSTER »  The blood of the covenant is
thicker than the water of the womb.

      Bright beams of florescent light breaks away the dark looming clouds

      Bright beams of florescent light breaks away the dark looming clouds. It was like the first day break after a harsh storm; like the first day of a warm spring after a smothering isolating winter. Deep green eyes that had been clench shut slowly flutter open. Dark hair twisting and tousling  as she shifts in her bed uncomfortably. Harley's pale lips slowly form her signature scowl as she slowly adjusts to the vast room around herself. She was home, which confused the witch. Harley jumps defensively as she feels someone touch her skin. The witch grabs her wand of her nightstand before whirling around and pointing it at the person.

     "Put the wand down, Potter." Draco said exasperatedly.

    "What happened," she rasps. Her hand flies up to her throat as she suddenly finds it feeling like mere sand paper. It was a rather brutal sensation. Her whole body has an unexplainable ache and she just wants to cry.  Draco quick to get her a cup of water, letting her drink as he explains. "We meet our soulmates as well as helped them fight that weird monster, which I have been inform by Dustin that it is called a Mind Flayer. "

  Shaking her head, Harley cuts him off. "That- that I remember."

  "Alright, then tell me what you last remember and I'll fill you in."

   "I," she trails off, eyebrows pulling together as she thought about it. "I had just saved Billy by using that... that horrendous curse," she frowns miserably. Harley slowly pulled her legs into her chest. She hated that she restored to dark magic, but she had absolutely no clue how else that she could have defeated that beast. Her stomach churns violently as she looks over at Draco. He moves to sit in the bed with her as he hopes to give her a little bit of ease. 

   "There isn't much to tell after that," Draco says. "You killed the beast before you proceeded to black out on," he informs her. "And do you want to know why you passed out?"

   "Because I was exhausted," she frowns and attempts to sit up.

   "Because your magical core was exhausted," he tells her, his anger building up and body tensing. "And do you want to know why your core was exhausted?"

"Draco-" Harley's voice is more harsh than ever. She knew where this was going. It was a place that the young witch didn't want to remotely think of. A place that Harley didn't want believe because she felt as though she was unbelievably unworthy of. A place of soft epilogues and vast happy endings, but, that wasn't her. She was the unforgivable. The one who should be tortured. Who just might deserved all the horrors that she has faced. A tight knot formed low in her stomach as she bit back a river of tears. Harley studied Draco's tortured features and it just made her feel absolutely sick. It made her feel so deeply ashamed of herself in so many new ways. Her head hung low as she gripped the soft green blanket.