meeting again

⎯⎯⎯

CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE
MEETING AGAIN

Story of Us
Taylor Swift

⎯⎯⎯

Daisy had finally moved back into her apartment after staying at Gray and Jo's for the last month and a half. She had just finished unpacking some of her stuff, and she was proud at how far she had come.

She went to dinner with the waitress, Amy, who she had met a month back, but they decided to just stay friends. Apparently she had figured out things with her soulmate, and instead of dating to try and keep their minds off of their troubles, Daisy and Amy became very close friends.

Amy was pansexual, and was officialy dating her soulmate named Mark. Daisy was super happy for them, and only wished that she could have what they had.

"Hey, are you still there?" Natasha asked. Daisy was on a phone call with her Avenger friend, and she had zoned out thinking about her soulmate.

"Sorry, what did you want to ask me?"

Natasha sighed, laughing a bit at her friend's short attention span. "Tony wanted to have a small pre-Christmas celebration with a bunch of people this year, but it's just us and a few others." She explained as Daisy slumped down on her couch. "I don't know if you celebrate Christmas, but it'll be a fun dinner party anyway!"

"Yeah, sure! It sounds like fun." Daisy exclaimed, taking a sip of water that she had placed on her coffee table.

"Really?" Natasha asked, picking at her nails. "I thought you would say no. Steve's gonna be there, you know." She stated.

Daisy shook her head and smiled. "I don't care. He dumped me. I'm completely fine now."

"That's the spirit." Nat smirked. "We're having dinner at around five thirty on the twenty-third, but it's a potluck, so come at around three and bring something good!"

"Sure thing." Daisy agreed, smiling and putting her feet on the couch and laying down. It was tomorrow, but she really didn't care if it was short notice or not. "Who else is going to be there?"

"Tony, Sam, Steve, me, Wanda, Vision, Rhodey, Pepper, Clint and his wife, and Happy." Natasha answered.

"Wait, what about Thor and Bruce?" Daisy asked.

Nat sighed, rubbing her fingers against the bridge of her nose. "Well, Thor decided to go seek out these things called Infinity Stones, and Bruce disappeared after one of our missions."

"Oh no!"

"Yeah. They won't be here for Christmas, but hopefully they'll find their way back soon."

Daisy nodded, silently agreeing and hoping that her two friends would get back to New York sooner than later. "I'll be there at three fifteen, I'll make a quick stop to get some white wine on the way."

"Sounds good. See you!"

The two ended their phone call, leaving both of them to do their own thing. Daisy got up and grabbed her coat, exiting her apartment building and immediately falling in love with the fresh air flowing through her lungs.

She walked down to one of the grocery stores near her and grabbed a few ingredients to make a homemade bread and cheese platter for the dinner party.

After she had everything, she accidentally bumped into a familiar face.

"Steve, hi!" Daisy greeted, picking up some of the products that had strewn themselves across the floor and placed them back into her basket.

"Oh- hi." Steve responded in surprise.