Lilly: Prologue

Right now, it is the rough equivalent of 4:30 AM on the planet which Lilly Mint resided. Lilly has just woken up this morning extra early, because today she had to be ready for something special. What is this special thing, you may ask? Well, on this day, she will officially become a Junior Space Exploration Cadet!
It was her dream to become one, and explore the multiverse! Needless to say, she was quite excited at the idea of finally being able to roll down the foundation so she could pursue her dream career.
By roughly 6:00, she was completely ready. She had her bag packed with several Junior Cadet manuals, notebooks chock full with notes and speculation about various topics, including what kind of creatures she might encounter on expeditions, among several other things. Oh, and she also remembered to pack the lunch her father made for her. She always enjoyed his food.
Lilly was ready to go, she just needed a way to get to where she needed to go; the ceremony at the Academy!
She decided to write a note to her parents that she was riding the bus to the academy. She left it on a counter in their kitchen.
She started heading towards the bus stop, which no one else was at. After about a minute or so of walking down a paved road, overgrown with flower-like weeds, she reached the bus stop, complete with a bench. She sat on the bench, set her bag next to her, and waited for the bus. She looked up at the rainbow colored sky, complete with equally colorful clouds and star. The shades of pink and purple as well as the hues of yellow and teal were chaotic, but calming in a strange, certain type of way. The otherwise mismatched colors blended well in the sky, and made it beautiful.

Though, soon enough, the bus arrived at her stop. Lilly grabbed her bag, greeted the driver, and sat down on one of the buses many seats. She sat there and enjoyed the ride until the bus arrived at the academy. She knew where she needed to go, so instead of going to her usual classroom, she went to a ceremonial room to officially become a Junior Space Exploration Cadet.
The ceremony was less "ceremonial" and more celebratory than anything. There was what looked to be a.. meat cake, as well as drinks that seem like they were inspired by bodily fluids. But since no one thought it was out of the ordinary, so they continued as if these were normal cake and various sodas.
After they enjoyed that treat, Lilly was handed a schedule of sorts. She went to a different classroom instead of the one she would've gone to if she were following her usual schedule up to that point. She continued her day normally with this new schedule, without any more than slight discomfort, because she already knows most of the teachers on her new schedule.
At her last class, she received a key. She recognized it from one of her training manuals; it was a ship key. Her teacher told her that she could use it and the corresponding ship anytime. She yanked it from her teacher's open hand, thank them politely, and packed up her bag to get ready to go home.

She thought about using the ship and finding living creatures on the bus ride home. What would she find?
When she finally got home she greeted her now awake parents with a hug each. Her mother, Pepper Mint, asked her how the ceremony went. Lilly answered saying it went well. Her father, Charles Cocoa, asked if the rest of her day went well. Lilly said yes. Lilly then said that she had to go to her room, and proceeded to do just that, but not before saying a brief and certainly temporary farewell.
She walked to and entered her room, removed her shoes, and set down her bag. She was recapping the day in her head. She fished something out of her pocket. It was the key. She looked at the key her teacher gave her and imagined the possibilities. Then she remembered that her teacher said that she could use the ship anytime. Lilly had given birth to a wonderful idea. She then devised a plan for using the ship.
The plan went something like this:

Step 1: Wait until parents are asleep
Step 2: Sneak out and into the student ship parking
Step 3: Unlock and power on ship
Step 4: Take for a test drive!!
Step 5: do everything but in reverse / return everything to normal.
Nice, good and easy way to do test drive!

This list of steps was accompanied by small, cute doodles.
Lilly set an alarm for herself in the middle of night, when she would put her plan into action.
She continued the rest of her day as normal, ate her dinner(which strangely looked like dessert), cleaned herself up, and got ready for bed, that sorta thing.
But when her alarm rang, she knew that it was finally time to put her plan into action.
.
.
.
(This is where the story branches off into several different scenarios/smaller stories, sort of like a choose your own adventure book. You, the reader, get to choose who Lilly meets[or rather, just which meet-up you read]! Hopefully you enjoy! -Author♥)