•1•

10/5/2020
hawks x reader
title: "one dance"
quirk: your choice
2nd person p.o.v.
•gender neutral
summary: this is how you and hawks meet. you're at a party with a friend and you catch each others attention.

Bird fact:

*when birds meet, they perform a mating dance to impress the female.
*male birds have more colorful feathers than females because the bright colors attract the females.

__________________________

"c'mmoooooon y/n! it'll be fun!" your best friend Miruko whines as you continue to type on your computer.

"Miruko, I have work to do, I gotta-" you get cut off before you could finish your sentence by Miruko exclaiming, "c'mon y/n, you've been busy all week, its friday! take a break!"

You take a second to consider your options,
then think to yourself,
"Maybe I should take a break..."

"Alright fine." You agree to go to a party with Miruko.

She helps you pick out an outfit because she claims you have terrible fashion sense.

(This statement is just for the plot, I'm sure that your fashion sense is great)

Time skip because it's late and can't think of filler words~

The moment you step foot into the room, the beat of the music feels like it's shaking the floor beneath your feet, lights flashing everywhere, and people dancing as far as the eye can see.

Miruko drags you straight to the drinks and makes you try a bunch of punches, all of which are very fruity and sweet.

After a while of dancing, you stand in the corner of the room with a drink in your hand; watching the distant bodies move to the beat of the music.

Then, in the corner of your eye, you see a flash of red. You follow the mysterious color and then you see it...

You see him.

A man with giant, beautiful red wings and caramel colored hair.

The mesmerizing creature meets your gaze and approaches you with a smile.

"Couldn't help but notice you here all alone in the corner, I'm Hawks, and you are...?" He asks in a smooth tone holding out his hand.

You make eye contact with him then reply,
"Y/n."

"Y/n huh? That's nice."
He smirks and glances behind him at the crowd of people, then back at you.

"Wanna dance?" He asks, holding out his hand once more.
You look around to see if you can spot Miruko but she's nowhere to be seen.

You look back at him and bite your lip.

"C'mon, just one dance."

You give into his charms and take his hand.
He takes you out to the middle of the dance floor and places his hand at your waist and the other slips into your other hand,
'He has clearly done this before.' You think to yourself; seeing that his movements are very natural.

You gaze at his wings, putting you in a trance.
Their beauty unlike anything you've seen.
You look into his eyes;  glowing, golden orbs sending chills down your spine.

"Like what you see?" He says with a smirk.
"O-oh...uh.." you stumble across your words; not expecting him to talk as much as he does.
"You don't do this a lot do ya'?"
He asks with a bit of humor in his tone.
"No, not really..I get too busy with work to go to things like this." you admit in defeat.
"Oh yeah? What do you do?"
He asks; as if he is interested in you.
"I work at [insert job]"
"Huh, that's neat I guess." He says and twirls you around.

There's something about him that lures you in somehow.
'Is it just his charisma?'
'Or maybe his charming good looks?'
You couldn't put a finger on it, but didnt really care at the moment.

'He's too...beautiful.'

As time passes, the winged hero admits he's taken an interest in you and would like to get to know you.
You agree to meet him again eventually, considering that you both have kind of a busy job.

You go home that night and all you could think of was the mesmerizing winged hero with the golden eyes and red wings.

__________________________

Word count:703