•2•

11/14/2020
Kid Hawks x reader
Title: "wild boy with red wings"

Fluff
1st person p.o.v.
No warning
•gender neutral
Summary: you and hawks attend the same education facility working for the government and hawks convinces you to skip class with him.

*I guess a "bird thing" that Hawks does in this one is just fly you around.*

*this is just fictional, please dont skip school. As much as it sucks, it's not worth it.*

C/n = code name
(Basically your hero name)

_______________________________

Your p.o.v. ~

C/n
Age: 15
Quirk: (your choice)
ID: 178
Resident of: Room B2

This is my identification.
My parents didn't want anything to do with me so they sold me to the government to turn me into a weapon.
For 8 years, I have resigned in my living space, room B2. Training and attempting to socialize with other members of the program, but my usual introverted-ness gets in the way of that.
Except with one person.

Hawks.

He is a wild boy with big red wings.
He is very blunt and doesn't like to sugar-coat situations, but he has this way about him that is almost rebellious, not as if he's rebelling against the hero society, no, it's more like he's rebelling against the basic rules, like, he wants to change the way heroes do their work.

He has this look in his eyes, filled with admiration for Endeavor; longing to be just like him. I never liked Endeavor...he scares me. I've always admired Eraserhead. He isn't this shiny idol everyone worships, he doesn't care for the spotlight and the paparazzi and just all the things that come with being famous. He just wants to save people. Like me.
I want to prove to my family that they were wrong to neglect me for not being exactly what they wanted me to be and that I can do great things without being this icon that everyone wants to get their hands on, that I can save people no matter what ranking I'm in.

That is probably how Hawks found an interest in me, his goal is similar to mine. He can have a little more freedom in the lower rankings of heroism, where he can make a mistake and the public not just attack him.

But there is also something about Hawks that is almost secretive, like as if theres is a side to him he doesn't want others to see. But we all have our secrets here....

Today is Wednesday. This is the day we do academics. There is only one class I actually enjoy on this day, and that is Astronomy.
The universe has always made me stop and wonder. It's so big, and we are just little specks of dust in size comparison to the entire universe.

But the class I hate the most is Math.
Everytime I walk down the hallway to the math classroom, I cuss it out as if it were a person.
I stop by the restroom before headed to class and happen to bump into Hawks.
"Oh, sorry my bad." He apologizes with a smile.
I look at my feet and reply, "its alright."
"C'mon c/n, what did I tell you? You dont gotta be a shy bean around me. We're cool right?"
I glare over at the wall and mumble,
"Yes."
I finally make eye contact with him and ask, "you were fixing your eyeliner weren't you?"
He clicks his tongue and runs a hand through his hair, "ah man, ya caught me."
"It looks nice I guess..." I admit, a very faint blush spreads acrossed my cheeks.
"Ooooh, have I caught a blushing tsundere?" He says with a smirk.
I suddenly find my shoes very interesting and scoff,
"Tch, no."

"Pfft, yeah whatever. You know you're a sucker for me." He ruffles my hair; causing me to look up at him dead in the eyes. At that moment he knew to quit playing around with me. He whipped his hand away and shoved it into his pocket, then looking away.
He would always tease me about having a tiny crush on him back in grade school. But he doesn't know that deep down I still do.

"So uuuhh... wanna ditch Math with me?" He looks back down at me with a hopeful smirk.
I stare at him with my response written all over my face; he could clearly read me and rolls his eyes,
"C'moooon, it's so lame, you know you wanna."
I roll my eyes and give up,
"Fine. But you owe me bird brain. "
"I'll buy you lunch." He chuckles and grabs my hand.

Time skip~

We escape out a secret vent that Hawks discovered one night and he flies us to the nearest convenience store and buys me some meat buns.
Hawks insisted that we go to McDonalds and get chicken nuggets, so now we are sitting on top of a tall building eating lunch.
I'm kind of afraid of heights so I'm sitting rather close to him. He glances over at me and chuckles,
"Do I make you feel safe?" He asks before putting another nugget in his mouth. I look at him and ask,
"Do you want my honest answer."
"Duh."
"Then yes, you do make me feel safe...I dont know what it is...its probably..."
I look over and see his red feathers, he then wraps his wing around me; pulling me closer to him.
"Thank you c/n." He says with his head resting against mine.
"You dont have to use my code name when we are alone." I say; slowly intertwining my fingers with his.
"Then what do you want me to call you by?" He asks as he squeezes my hands in his. Their warmth gives me butterflies.
"Y/n."
"Wow... that's beautiful. "
"I guess."
"You can call me Keigo, and that is special ok, no one, and I mean no one else calls me that."
"Ok."
He gives me a really tight hug and then says, "we are gonna be in a lot of trouble if we dont get back soon."

And with that, he flies us back to the base and we sneak back in before anyone sees that we were gone.

_____________________________

WordCount: 1023