Chapter 4

Sofia POV

We rushed down to dinner and we saw Mom and Dad were already there, whispering to each other.

"Mom, Dad, what's the matter?"

Mom and Dad smirked.

"Oh, honey, we were just discussing how we have set a perfect match for the both of you - Amber with Hugo and You with Desmond."

Mom let out a little chuckle after Dad's statement, unnoticed by Amber and James.

"What?!" The three of us screamed. "We though it was Me with Hugo and Amber with Desmond."

"Yes, it is like that only, kids.Relax, as Rollie was just kidding."

All of us heaved a sigh of relief.

"But, Daddy, why didn't you find someone for James to be betrothed to?" Amber asked

I raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah, even I was wondering about the same thing."

James shot the both of us a glare.

"That's because," Dad said, noticing James glare "I have to find him his betrothed when he'll be old enough to rule. If I do it now, he will just get lost in his princess and hardly pay attention to crown prince duties."

All of us laughed while James made a sour face.

Hugo POV

Today, at dinner, Dad told me that I was betrothed to Sofia.

I was very happy but tried not to show it, but Axel and Dad noticed me blushing anyway.

Dad told me that Amber was betrothed to Desmond too. Well, I haven't seen Sofia in 3 years! But Dad said tomorrow's a special family dinner where we'll go to Enchancia and have dinner with Sofia's family, after which we'll be told to spend time together.

But, I guess, tomorrow I have to go to school, so I should sleep.

Sofia POV

Today, when I walked to my locker I saw the same guy I saw yesterday coming out of the principal's office. Then, I received summons to the principal's office and as I went, the guy went in too.

"Hi." he said and bowed

His voice was so familiar

"Why, hello, prince..." I curtsied

I saw him wearing the protector enchantlet, which Hugo and I wear. I looked up at him. I recalled Hugo's face. Same Green eyes, same brown hair tilted to the right side of his head.

"H - Hugo?"

"Why, I see, you already know my name. Prince Hugo of Welshire. And you are, princess?"

Suddenly, he froze. I saw his eyes travelling to my amulet and enchantlet.

"S- Sofia?"

"Yup, that's me. Not only your best friend anymore, but your fiance too. Did King Garrick inform you?"

"He did." 

We both blushed.

"So, what are you doing here? I thought you go to CSS."

"I do. But our headmistress told me I'd be dancing with the best ice dancer of ERA, since I'm the best ice dancer at CSS."

"Ooh, for what?"

"An ice dancing recital, of course. As I am assuming, you are the best ice dancer here?"

"I sure am"