Chapter 14: Planning A Merry Trip To Alaska

[Percy's POV:]

We had just concluded that the Titans are most likely in Alaska, but there was one teeny tiny problem. How do we get there? And who's gonna watch the camp while we are gone. I HAD to go, I was responsible for their release and therefore responsible for their wellbeing.

"Dami, I know this means a lot to you, I can tell that much, but we can't leave camp without its praetors. Especially so soon after regaining its second one. You're still being adjusted and hopefully accepted by the legionnaires. I'm sorry, but you cannot go on this trip. I will make an official quest and have a small group of trusted legionnaires go instead" yeah I had expected this response, but I had already determined I would go whether she allowed me to or not. I mean how hard could it be to sneak out of a roman demigod camp?

-smol timeskip-

Hard. Very very. Hard. That's what. I had tried escaping a grand total of 8 times and it had only been a few hours. I had tried simply strolling out the gates only to somehow bump into Reyna and get shooed back in 3 times from different areas. I tried "going for another hunt", but Electrum immediately exposed my lie; tried the puppy wolf eyes, fail; tried shooting myself out off an onager, fail (was fun and somehow nostalgic though); I even tried tunnelling out, but somehow ended up digging straight to the archery range and almost becoming a pin cushion if not for activating my celestial bronze hide at the last second and don't get me started on the 8th...

"Dami! Would you quit it already?!? I want to go just as much as you do, but so long as we're praetors we have a duty to stay here! Stop bein.." wow, she looked so cute when mad I ended up ignoring the rest of her lecture in favour of just admiring her. Maybe I was developing feelings for her, why had my old self ignored her feelings? Was I really that dense? Once her mouth stopped moving, I re-tuned my ears in and tried my hardest to pretend I had been listening, which I hadn't. I was simply too busy admiring her anger born cuteness.

"Rey, I have to do this. I know that others may be able to complete this task, but what if they can't? What if the Titans hide even from them? I could track them, even in the snow with some effort, but the important thing is I don't plan on bringing them back here until I know It's what they want. They fled to Alaska for safety, sending in a group to retrieve them would only endanger them more. I seek only to find them and ensure they are safe before finding out what the best course of action is." Reyna gained a thoughtful look in her eyes weighing the pros and cons of what I had said.

"Fine, I can't argue with that plus If Percy ever heard I turned down an opportunity to save the peaceful titans he'd probably douse me in river Tiber's water a few hundred times over" saved by the old me I'm starting to think I was awesome.

"I do have a condition, however" it better not be me wearing that toga. NOT happening I can and will burn that to ashes someday and I am so sacrificing the ashes to a God... hmm wonder if that would be considered a good sacrifice or a bad one.. That would change whether it's sacrificed to Artemis or Hestia, to Thunder thighs and The Big Jerk.. heh even after all this, I still remember their Greek nicknames. Congrats memory.

"You have to take me with you" at first I wanted to say sure since I would've actually enjoyed her company when she wasn't talking my ears off, but then I realised something.

"Who will watch over Camp? It's bad enough that I'll be gone, let alone the both of us" I did want her to come, but I didn't want to leave Camp unsupervised for so long, especially with that brat Octavian still breathing its air.

"I suppose I can appoint two of my trusted legionnaires as temp praetors reporting in their work every afternoon, in fact I'll go and inform them now, in the meantime you can plot the trip there and pack things up into the car, we realised having to rent or steal a car every time we had a quest was very.. Inefficient so we got a few to keep for ourselves". Well this was gonna be fun, it seems Reyna had forgotten one important thing. I didn't have any hands to write the directions down nor pack up and load the car. I looked around the room, determining if anyone could enter easily and where from before locking the front door and for the first time since I arrived at Camp turned to my human form. A familiar sensation of bones reforming, fur and claws retracting filled my being; as usual my wolf tail, wolfy canines and wolf ears remained: features I had come to quite appreciate.