Chapter 3: Around We Go

The rain fell from the sky without mercy and the two men shivered. Not exactly from the cold, but from the spectacle before them. In front of them stood a mountain of corpses, blood and fire everywhere they looked. And, just there, was a monster. A tall, violet monster that was responsible for the kingdom's destruction.

A demon.

"You, demon, turn around!" Dreyfus screamed, pointing his sword at it.

"Ah, a human and a druid, what would you two think you can do?" Slowly, it turned around. It's big eyes looked at them and both raised their swords.

"You will stop this nonsense at once!"

Then, something totally unexpected happened.

The demons' body vanished.

"Hendrickson, where is he? Do you see him?" Dreyfus turned to his friend and as he saw what he saw, he almost screamed.

The druid was standing there, his back contorted so far that Dreyfus could almost hear the bones cracking. Eventually, just as Dreyfus' shock began to decrease, the druids' body straightened itself up to a normal position. "Now what's going on?" he asked, "This must be Hendrickson!".

It turned to him. "And you have to be Dreyfus!" it said.

Dreyfus' anger, Fraudrin thought, looked pathetic against the one of his captain's.

_________________

Hendrickson shivered.

Before him stood ten figures, all of them more powerful than he could stand.

The first one to land was a short man with golden hair.

"Fraudrin?"

Cold, piercing eyes focused on him and he shivered slightly as he stepped forward.

"Yes, your high-"

"Report, now!"

"Sixteen years ago, I woke up in a kingdom named Danafal. I tried to break the seal sacrificing the humans there, but as there were no goddesses alive, it didn't work. And there was a human still alive, so I possessed him, which I am still doing to this day. We and a strange child with different colored eyes went back to another kingdom named Liones and-"

"Dammit skip to the important parts!" Meliodas said, growing more and more irritated. Fraudrin swallowed and nodded. Honestly, he thought, could it be that the prince had been getting colder since he had last seen him?

"there now is a group of warriors called the 'Seven deadly sins'. It's leader is someone named Merlin."

'Merlin huh?' Meliodas thought, 'could it really be her... ?'. With a nod, he signaled Fraudrin to go on.

"After they fought a battle with someone named Hendrickson, I was able to find a girl with the Goddess symbol in one of her eyes and took enough of her blood to break the seal."

After he ended his story, Meliodas waved with his hands and the demon stepped back.

"You, druid." Meliodas' eyes shifted to Hendrickson. "We'll keep you alive for helping us. The next time you should try to intervene with our plans, you'll die."

With that, Meliodas turned around.

"We should stay here for a while and not make our presence that obvious."

Galand didn't like the idea at all and just as a few seconds after Meliodas gave his command, he turned to the demon in red armor.

"Our magic isn't even near our best. If we'd try to strike now, we'd surely lose. We should, really, just lay low and feed on souls. It'll help."