20

You're doing so well without me

(Yn)

"I'll head in, okay?" I told Yui through a phone call.

"Okay, be safe. I'll get there soon," she replied and hung up.

I dusted off my denim jeans and off-shoulder gray croptop out of nervousness. I don't even have a lot of dirt on my clothes but I just felt like dusting them off. 

I don't know much about volleyball and Suga doesn't tell me much either but I know that this is a very important game especially because they're playing against Shiratorizawa. 

Should I call my cousin?

She doesn't know that I'm going to the games today. I haven't told anybody besides my mom and Michimiya. Not even Koushi since he's kinda against me watching their games but I'm a bit of a rebel. This can also be considered a surprise, I guess. I fished out my phone and called Ya-chan to tell her that I'm outside the gym. 

"Eh, she's not answering," I mumbled to myself. I thought about calling Koushi instead but I figured that he's already warming up so he wouldn't be able to answer my call as well. 

Nevermind, I'll just go in. 

I felt chills rise up my spine when I saw the banner at the top of the gym. There were sound of balls hitting the floor and the crowd cheering for their team of choice. I felt like a lost being stumbling upon a very much-awaited event!

Japanese National Highschool Volleyball Tournament

"Woah, I'm already so excited!" I talked to myself again as I sat somewhere that includes people from Karasuno. I didn't even get to wander a lot since it's really my first time going to these kinds of games and I'm so in awe! 

"It's gonna be hard for them since Ushijima-san is there!" I heard one of the girls from our school mutter to another girl.

"It's going to be hard but they'll breakthrough. They've practiced really hard for this," I butted in, not wanting them to lose their spirits. I haven't been able to watch Koushi during training but the time we spent away from each other is enough for me to know that he really did his best to focus. I trust that guy so much and I know he'll succeed in everything. 

_____

"No way! Ugh! Karasuno, you can do thiiis!" I screamed with tears on my eyes. 

Kageyama just got blocked by a red-haired guy from Shiratorizawa and I feel like no one expected that to happen. It was like magic but there's got to be some other way to counter the opponent! 

"I'm so late!" Yui exclaimed while panting beside me.