23 | A Fortunate Meeting

for those of you who asked, I make my own gifs :) if you want louis ones, I have a chapter of some in FLIX | GIFS Specifically Selected For Writers

_

Y/N

_

"I FEEL LIKE this is all my fault," I sighed, before letting out a heavy breath, "no, it is."

I don't know how long I had been walking around, but it was already almost midnight. Not the best time to be out and about alone in London. I had Sadie on the phone with me, the speaker pressed up to my ear as I paced, but that didn't make me feel any comfort.

"It's not your fault," she assured, "I'm sure he's safe, somewhere."

"We can't be sure of that," I mumbled, "I'm just really worried."

"He's perfectly capable of taking care of himself."

"And I'm perfectly capable of looking for him."

Everyone kept telling, and telling, and telling me it wasn't my fault, but if I had just spoken to Louis, he wouldn't be missing right now. He would be here with me, resting his chin on top of my head, and squeezing me into a warm hug. At least I hoped so.

Who knows what he thought of me now.

"Where did you look so far?" Sadie said, her voice breaking in through the speaker.

"I checked around the theater, Buckingham Palace," I listed off, "the skate park, I called his sister and she said he hasn't gone home yet, and now I'm outside of sweet leaves."

"Is he there?"

"No, he's not."

"You've been searching for hours, [y/n], get some rest."

She had a point, but what was I supposed to do? Give up? Go home? Sleep with the thought that Louis was alone in London, hating my guts? I'd tear myself apart if I did that.

"No, I can't," I stated, biting my lip, "I have to find him, Sadie, I have to."

I heard her sigh, and mumbled something inaudible to Caleb off speaker. I knew they were trying to look out for me, but I couldn't bring myself to listen to them.

"Then get yourself a tea then!" She scolded through the phone, "and send me your location every five minutes!"

"Why?"

"I don't want you passing out alone on a sidewalk, or getting kidnapped."

"Fine..." I sighed, "goodbye."

Hanging up on the call, I slipped my phone into my pocket, and swung open the door to the tea shop. It felt weird not to be walking in with Louis.

Usually he'd hold open the door and shove me inside, teasing me for whatever mishap happened at rehearsal before. Then he'd find our usual table and plop down with a goofy grin on his face. Then we'd talk about the things we liked, and come up with ideas for our next meeting. We always liked talking about the future.

But he wasn't here.

Pushing my thoughts aside, I ordered a cup of Earl Grey and tapped my foot anxiously. I didn't know what to do with myself. Once the paper cup was slid onto the counter, I thanked the worker, and walked back out into the dark, brisk London air.

And then my phone rang.

"I take everything back," Sadie's voice yelled from the other end, "come home, now!"

I yawned, "what?"

"Come home!"

"I already told you—"

"It's Louis' choice to quit, and you can't put yourself in danger so recklessly like that," she hissed, "it's late, and we have a show tomorrow."

"Not unless we find Louis."

"Get home," she said, "now."

She didn't give me a chance to respond, before she hung up the call. Dang it. She was right, and I was getting too tired to move my legs. Letting out a groan, I took a sip of my tea and wobbled down the sidewalk to the train station.

Slapping my oyster card down, I trudged down the tube stairs and waiting for a train to arrive. I felt like I was constantly waiting. For whatever, I don't know. I was lost at this point. 

Once the train doors slid open, I walked in and took another sip out of my tea. At least I could get some warmth on this chilly night—

"Oh my god!" I yelled.

The train suddenly jerked to a stop, and few passengers on the train all went tumbling towards the front of the car. Almost exactly after I yelled out, the plastic cup of tea flew out of my hands in slow motion.

And onto someone's shirt.

"What the hell?" They exclaimed, the hot water steaming against their skin, "why is your tea so hot?"

As I looked up from the spilled mess, I realized three things. The stranger had a familiar voice, a familiar face, and was staring at me with the same horrified expression that I had.

"Louis?" I mumbled, almost in disbelief.

Was I seeing things? Maybe I was so tired, I passed out, and this was all just a dream. It seemed to be coincidental to be a dream. This was like Deja Vu but our roles were reversed.

"[y/n]?" He said softly.

I stared at him, his clothes soaking wet, and his eyes lighting up like christmas lights. I was sure mine were too.

And instantly, I knew he wasn't mad at me. He didn't hate me. He couldn't, because he was giving me that same look he had given me so many times before. The one where he made me feel like I was the only person on his mind, and the only person in his eyes.

He was the only person in mine.

"Hey," I smiled, taking a step closer to him, "we should talk."