Chapter 13

It had been a year since Donovan left the estate. Life had gone back to normal as Scarlet chose to tuck  that horrid memory away and concentrate on her life for a change.

The Preacher knew what he ws talking about. As she thought to carve a new part for herself, she started taking some of the things he said more seriously.

And it worked at least the parts that she took to heart. Some just didn't make any sense.

That whole crap about Jesus atoning for sins? Yes right! Every body pays.

One way or another. Every body pays.

But she did enjoy the parts that talked about faith.

I mean she believed she would get over that night and she did, for the most part.

Then proverbs 31 just fascinated her.

Does such a person actually exist?!

But here she was dressed in a dress that she wouldn't wear on a normal day with a hat bigger than life on her head, sitting in the congregation and listening to him talk about deliverance.

Funny, as she felt like she would need it sooner rather than later.

Donovan was due home for his initiation as Don. The first time in a very very long time for the present Don to be alive and be able to perform the ceremony; the former Dons were either dead before the age their heirs were initiated or their heirs killed them to get it over with.

And seeing as Baba was hale and hearty, Donovan was to demand a gift from his father which he had no option but to give.

Her greatest fear was that he would demand his father's life as it wasn't hidden how he resented his father though he admired him.

Right now, all she needed to do was pay attention to the message.

'He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say to the Lord, "My refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust." For he will deliver you from the snare of the fowler and from the deadly pestilence. He will cover you with his pinions, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness is a shield and buckler. You will not fear the terror of the night, nor the arrow that flies by day, ...

This is what the bible tells us in the book of Psalms 91. Read the full verse on your own. Look it's literally as simple as that, trust in God. Trust Him and nothing will be able to hurt you.

He always protects his own'

For some reason as he said that part he locked gazes with Scarlet. She raised an eyebrow at that, hmmm.

When the service was over she took her time before exiting the church auditorium.

Something she never did.

As she got to the door Preacher was there, greeting everyone with a kind smile and engaging with as many people as he could.

Looking for a small space to exit and finding none that didn't end with her pushing someone out of the way, she waited patiently.

'Oh Miss Scarlet, how are you?'

'I'm good Preacher'

'Well I've got a special message from the most high for you. If you would pay attention to it might save your life'

'Alright,you have my attention', like what's the worst that could happen.

'I saw a vision, and I'll call it a vision and not a dream because it felt too real to be a dream.

I saw you running, not sure what your destination was but you looked terribly injured but you kept running. Till you found a hiding place. As soon as you got in an angel stood guard. And the darkness that was chasing you came to an abrupt halt.

It turned around promising you pain unimaginable if you stepped out of that protection',

'No offense Preacher, but if the devil wants me the only way he's getting me is with a fight. And no, I do take your message seriously. Any scriptures for me?'

She asked with a practiced smile.

'Of course, take a look at James 4 verses 7, Isaiah 43 verses 1 through to 5. And yes Psalms to 91',

'Thank you', she said as she noted each down in the little booklet she also used in church to write down anything she thought was worth remembering.

Ever since he came to town the book was getting full.

Smiling once more she finally left and began the journey home. Her guard not far from her.

'You know Colin, those doors are meant for everyone', she said to him. This wasn't a new conversation either.

'Well Missy, my presence will sour the communion and probably kill a handful of people',

To that she threw back her head and laughed.

'And I'm pretty sure my so called guardian angel has resigned his fate to hell right next to me', he gave her one of his rare smiles.

'Nah, I heard they are built to tolerate every and any creature. He's probably sitting somewhere and praying for himself to not be tossed in with you. Or maybe he's filling for resignation',

Now he laughed.

'And yours Missy?'

'Probably already resigned. See you around Colin. Have a nice day',

She closed her room door and secured the locks. Something new she also started doing.

Donovan was due home, she didn't want any mishaps or had-I-known's happening.

🔫🔫🔫🔫🔫

She got home from the market with Lady and she was summoned to the Don's office.

Walking in after she was beckoned in, the boss told her the news.

She was to move into his suite from that night until after the initiation ceremony. Then he would have time to transport her personally to their new residence.

Still on the grounds but away from Donovan's reach.

'Okay Baba, but is that really necessary? You're supposed to be here as an elder or something'

'I'll be just fine, this business actually does get old after some years'

'So what would you do with your time?'

'Till then Bambina'.

The scripture above (Psalm 91) is from the Amplified Classic Version (AMPC)

Now might be a good time to tell you to buckle up, cause shit is about to hit the roof.

You've been warned 🙊🙊

Comment

Vote

Share

God bless you 😘😘😘