∞ Prologue ∞

All I could hear was the music blaring into my ears as my feet moved forward one by one, over and over. They pounded into the sidewalk as cars raced by. I re-adjust my bag with my skates for work and my school things.

This has been my life for 2 years. Waking up, showering, cleaning, school, work, home. Then start over. Today felt just like any other day except the moment I stepped on my block. I heard 2 gunshots, glass breaking, and breaking of a door.

I take my ear buds out and hear screams for help, I stop in my tracks and take a look around. As if instinct, I immediately start running home.

My feet clap along the sidewalk all the way to my home, I arrive to see my house is destroyed. "ROBIN!!" I yell to see if my father is okay.

"Roland? Bubba?!" I yell going into his room. I see a note and the window is shattered. A gleam in my eye appeared and I picked up his note and read aloud.

"Hey Rosie Grace,
I know what you're thinking and, no I did not jump. Dad was being attacked by a burglar and tried pushing him out of the window. He pulled him along. Now I bet you're wondering 'where in hell am I?' We'll I'm going to see if there is anyone that is capable of saving him before he is dead. For now, Rosie, find somewhere to go. Make sure you're safe. Okay. We love you and we will see you again.
-Roland"

I stood there in disbelief, "He left me," the tears were now streaming, "a-and Dad." Deciding to leave it at that I fold the note and hide it in my drawer and take a shower.

I strip down nude and step in the steaming shower. Slightly singing a song my older brother would sing me to sleep while mum and dad fought to calm me down. After I washed my hair and body I decided to sit there and think. Is there really a way to save papa?

Then I think, nope I don't have an opinion.

I thought as I pulled on a pair of black joggers and and my grey tank with a dark green jacket that I roll up to my elbows. Next I slip on my black vans and grab my phone and the note and put in on the inside of my jacket to zip it and keep it safe.

Locking the door I'm back to my feet clapping against the ground except to a new destination. The woods. The same woods my mother would take me to when I was young.

I new very little of my mum, but I new she and dad weren't let's say "meant to be". But I remember she was lovely, that I certainly do know.

My thoughts were interrupted by an absolutely beautiful sound of a flute. As if I were controlled, I started sprinting and the sound of thumping and the flute grew louder.

I had arrived and sat behind some trees and took a moment to enjoy the music to my ears, literally. Even closing my eyes it became even more lovely. The very moment I opened my eyes I see a boy walking by and I turn around the tree to see what was to happen. I saw the same boy continue walking to a group of dancing boys and one stood out the most. The hooded one.

Again, with the feeling of control, I get up and go to the mini bunch and dance around the bonfire. And the fire grew bigger and danced in the air as if it were dancing with me and the flute. A couple of boys look at me confused then shrug it off, after about like 3 minutes of dancing I was pulled to the side. By the same person that caught my eye, the hooded boy.

"What brings you here?" He said and I caught the very attractive accent. Puzzled I cock my eyebrow up and give him a look that seemed to be pretty self explanitory to me.

It seemed he wasn't reading me so we'll so I respond, "um, we'll. I heard the music and as if I were to be controlled, I came." Then he looked to a tall blonde boy across the fire and he came. He whispered ever so quietly and he was off.

"So uh, why did you pull me to the side?" I pause and cock my eyebrow up again, "I was kinda having fun."

"Only those who feel unloved can hear this flute. It was enchanted so only boys could. So it interested me why you're here," he montioned to his flute in his hands. "How come you heard it?"

I suddenly feel a fire flare inside of me, "believe me, if I knew I would tell you, but I don't so can I go now or are you going to say I'm 'special' or some crap like that." I begin to walk away and he pulls me back.

"Oh," he reveals himself, "so do you feel unloved or alone?"

I stare at him blankly, "well if you do, he can help you." He begins to walk away.

"Who can help me?" I pull him back as he did to me earlier. He chuckles and looks me in the eye.

"Stand outside your window tonight the moment you get there, he will find you," he then puts on his hood again and walks away.

"But who?" I yell and he waves me off. I walk out of the woods and head back home. With different thoughts spinning through my head. "Just what I fucking need, a game, a puzzle to solve."

Soon, I arrive home, or what used to be called home. I change from my joggers to my black skinny jeans and do as told. Stand outside my window.

Hours had gone by and I layed on the floor and soon drifted to sleep. I felt myself being picked up and felt something flash through my body. Like, like, bloody sorcery or some crap like that. I was too tired to open my eyes, and the last thing I remember is being layed down on a bed and hearing someone say, "yes, you are special. And you will see it too. Rosie grace."