Accident (2) - Max Verstappen

Hello angels, it is been a while... I am sorry for my inactivity on this book. Anyway, since a lot of you have been asking for a part 2, here it is!!! I really hope you enjoy it xx

Request part 2: you.

Original request: kissniallerhoran (check out her one shot book too!!!)

Don't forget to vote, comment, follow and read my other books!!

Your leg was bouncing up and down as you sat in the waiting room, waiting for the doctors to come back with the information. You still had no idea how Max was doing. All you knew that it was serious. The accident kept repeating in your head, and every time you felt your heart stop beating. They still had no idea what the hell happened and how he could have such serious injuries. Most of the time, when the drivers crash into the wall, they get out without a scratch. It had happened to Max before. But today was different. You're waiting in the waiting room of the hospital, waiting for Max to be okay.

"Do you want coffee or tea?" Sophie asked you and laid her hand on your knee.

"No, thanks. I don't think I could drink anything right now," you mumbled.

Sophie nodded understandably. "I'm just going to get something to drink. I need to go for a walk," she said and walked off.

You stared out in front of you, the accident repeating itself.

Max had the opportunity to pass Lewis, which he took. You could see the Red Bull passing the Mercedes, and you heard Max shout something in excitement. A smile grew on your face, but that quickly faded away when you saw the car crash into the wall and then turning upside down.

"No," you whispered. You froze and followed the actions on the screen. Max his car crashed against the wall with a huge impact. Your heart was beating faster and faster. You needed a reaction from him that he was okay. But no response came for him, and you saw you they pulled his limb body out of the car.

"Y/N, the doctor is here," you heard someone say.

You looked up and saw the doctor looking at you, before he looked at the other people that were waiting for good news about Max. Please let him be okay, you thought.

"I don't have very good news, unfortunately. I'm so sorry," the doctor started and showed a neutral smile.

You felt your heart getting heavier.

"Max is stable for now, but his injuries are worse then we thought it would be. He's in a coma right now and we don't know when he's going to wake up. We also don't know that if he wakes up, what he's going to be like," the doctor told you.

"What do you mean?" you heard Jos ask.

"We don't know what the crash has done to his brain. We don't know if he'll be able to talk or walk again."

You stared at the doctor. "Can we see him?" your voice cracked.

"Yes, the family can see him."

You, Sophie and Jos followed the doctor to the room where Max was.

"You go first," Sophie said and pushed you in the direction of the door.

You swallowed before walking into the door. You felt a shock go through your body as you saw him laying in the bed. He looked fine, like he was sleeping. Only the wires and the beeping monitor told you that something was wrong. If they weren't there, it would've been like he was asleep.

You slowly made your way over to the bed and sat down on the chair next to his bed. You carefully grabbed his hand. The tears started to roll down your cheek.

"Hi love. It's me, Y/N. I don't know if you can hear me, but I love you, and you're going to be okay," your voice cracked. "You're going to be okay," you repeated and kissed his hand while the tears flowed down your cheek.

Suddenly the monitor started beeping really loud. You looked up in horror when you saw the flatline appearing on the heart monitor. You dropped Max his hand as you stood up from the chair, making it fall down. Doctors came rushing into the room, while you stared at your boyfriend his body. They started CPR and shock him, to bring back his heartbeat, but nothing worked.

"No," you whispered as they stopped. "No!" you screamed and fell down to your knees.

You woke up, breathing heavenly, tears streaming down your face. You looked next to you and saw that Max wasn't there. Of course, he wasn't there. The tears started to pour down your face again as you remember what happened. Why? Why him? You let yourself fall down on his pillowed and cried like you never had before. The pillow still smelled like him, which made you cry even more. You missed him so much.

"Ba- What happened? Are you okay?"

You head shot up as you heard his voice. You turned your head to the door and saw Max rushing into the room, turning on the lights in the bedroom. He sat down on the bed and reached out to you, but you flinched away.

"Y/N, what happened?" he asked.

"You... How..." you couldn't form sentences. You didn't believe what was happening right now. This can't be real. He couldn't be here right now. "You're..."

"I'm right here, Y/N. I'm right here," he said.

You shook your head. No, he couldn't be here. This was probably another dream or a stage of grief. He was dead. He couldn' be sitting on your bed right now.

Max slowly moved his hand to your leg.

You flinched when he touched your leg. You felt that. How could you feel that? You looked back up at Max. "I don't understand," you mumbled.

"What is going on, Y/N. You're starting to freak me out."

"Tell me about it! You're dead, but yet you're sitting on my bed!" you snapped at him.

Dead? Max didn't understand where you were coming from. He wasn't dead. He went out for a late-night run, because he couldn't sleep. Why would Y/n think that he was dead? Did she have a nightmare? It must have felt real if she still believed that Max was dead. "Babe, I'm not dead. Would I be able to touch you if I were dead?" Max said and laid his hands on your leg again.

This time, you didn't flinch. You stared at his hand on your leg, which you felt again.

"I went out for a run, because I couldn't sleep," Max explained.

You slowly began to understand what happened. You had a nightmare. Max didn't crash into the wall. It was just a dream. He was alright. You looked at Max and saw how worried he looked at you.

"I... I had a nightmare and you... you died," you told him.

Max pulled you into his arms. "I'm okay," he said, and he felt your body relax. "I'm always going to be safe."