Chapter 1

5 years later

      Skye was leaving a coffee shop. She had completely moved on from what happened 5 years ago. She had gotten her hair cut. She was going back to campus for school. It was her junior year of college. She was attending New York University. She met her best friend Chloe. Chloe was charming and a very sweet girl, yet some people misread her for being Jess because who would have guessed that she was Jess's twin sister.

      After school, Chloe and Skye went to a coffee shop to get coffee and do homework. When Skye went to go find a seat, she recognized a someone. Low and behold it was Danielle. "What are you doing here," Skye asked?  

        "I was going to ask you the same question," Danielle replied. Skye just couldn't believe that Danielle was here. She hadn't seen her since Ben and her kissed.

       "Are you and Ben still together," Skye asked sadly?

       "Yeah we actually moved into together after we moved here," Danielle replied happily.

   "Why do you ask," Danielle asked confused?

       "Just wondering," Skye responded. Skye didn't know what to do. She was trying to decide whether to ask Danielle to be friends again. "Hey Danielle, I was wondering since you know it's been 5 years if we could be friends again," Skye asked?

      "Um sure, I mean we were "friends" before so," Danielle replied confused.

      Skye and Danielle became friends again, but it was weird between them, since they hadn't talked since the lodge burned down. Skye knew that if she and Danielle could become friends maybe Ben could become friends with her again too. Skye spent the rest of the time catching up with Danielle. When Skye got back to campus she hung out with her boyfriend, Grayson.

          Grayson was really nice, and he was there for Skye whenever she needed him. Grayson was the type of guy who would do anything for Skye. Skye and Grayson have been together since their freshman year of college, so that would be 3 years together. The next morning, Skye texted Danielle to tell Ben to meet her at the coffee shop. "Hey Ben remember Skye, yeah she was wondering if we could meet her at the coffee shop," Danielle stated.

"Yeah, I remember Skye, and yeah I will meet her at the coffee shop," Ben stated. Skye, Grayson, Danielle, and Ben met at the coffee shop.

"Danielle and Ben this is Grayson, my boyfriend. Grayson, Danielle and Ben. These are my friends from the lodge. I wanted y'all to meet since we might all become friends," Skye said nicely.

"Oh yeah I remember," Grayson stated.

They continued talk for 3 hours. After the 3 hours passed, Skye and Grayson went back to campus and said goodbye and I love you. Skye went up to her room and started studying for her big exam tomorrow. A couple hours later, she finished studying for her exam. Skye got a text from Ben to meet her at the coffee shop. She got ready and went to the coffee shop to meet Ben. Ben just wanted to catch up with Skye. Skye and Ben said bye. Skye got back to campus. Skye realized that she was still in touch with Kaylee and she texted Kaylee to see how things are with her. Kaylee texted Skye and told her that she was happy that Skye texted her. Kaylee also said that everything was fine and that her and Noah got together.

The next day, Skye and Grayson met up at campus and talked for a little bit and then went to class. She had to do project which was to sing in front of the entire class. Skye was kinda of nervous to perform in front of the entire class. A couple minutes later, Skye got back to her dorm room, and she found a package outside her door. She opened the package and she screamed and started crying when she figured out what it was. It was the picture of her mom. That was the only thing that she had left of her mom and it was really important to her.

A couple days later, she thought that maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea if she got back into riding. She went to her dad's house to see if he had brought the bike that Sean gave her with him when they moved to New York. "Hey dad, I was going to ask if you had brought the bike that Sean gave me when I was in the enduro," Skye asked? "Skye, I am so happy you are here, and yes I did bring it just in case you ever got back into riding. Let me just ask you one question. Why are you getting back into riding," Ed asked? "I am getting back into riding because it was fun and I enjoyed it. I also want to do something different," Skye replied with passion.

Skye got the bike and went back to the trails that she had found when she took her walk with Grayson one day. She got the bike and she remembered how to do all the stuff that Sean taught her. Ben was also riding his bike and he saw Skye, and he decided to catch up with her. So Ben did that, and they talked for a little bit. Ben knew that it would never be the same between Him and Skye. "Hey Ben, what are you doing here, does Danielle know your here," Skye asked?

"No she just knows that I was riding, what are you doing here. You usually don't ride. You haven't rode since," Skye Interrupted him and said, "yeah, yeah, I know I just wanted to try something that I haven't done in a while. That is why I am here."

"Oh ok, I just want to ask something really quick does Grayson know your hear," Ben asked?

"Yes he does, I texted him before hand telling him that I was going to the trails. How do you know where these trails are? You have never been here before," Skye replied.

"I know where these are because this where me and Danielle went on one of our dates last year," Ben stated happily.

"Ok, let's just get to riding before it's late," Skye stated demanding.

"Good idea," Ben mumbled happily

Ben and Skye rode through the trails and then when they were done they said bye and went back to their boyfriends/girlfriends. Skye looked up online when the next biking event is. She found out that it was on Saturday. She practiced extra extra hard. She had arrived at the event in Manhattan.