The Vanishing glass

~O~O~O~O~O~

"OH! OH! I'LL READ!" Michaela said, bouncing up and down in her seat, her arm raised and her heart fluttering. She looked like Hermione waiting to answer a question. "PICK ME!" She called out. Umbridge scowled at the girl, leaving McGonagall to levitate the book over to the half elf. She happily picked it up and opened it to the second chapter.

~CHAPTER TWO - THE VANISHING GLASS.~ she read. Dorea groaned looks like they didn't automatically go to her hogwarts years. Everyone else on the other hand, was excited. They got to read about Dorea's accidental magic! Lily and James, on the other grinned wickedly and fingered their wands. When they had gotten them back they had no idea, but now they could hex those Dursleys into oblivion.

~Nearly ten years had passed since the Dursleys had woken up to find their niece on the front step, but privet drive had hardly changed at all.~

"Boring." Bill and Charlie chorused. People snickered as the pair fist bumped.

"The burrow changes every minute, how can you not change at least once in 10 years?" Ginny asked, looking at the Dursleys incredulously.

~ The sun rose on the same tidy front garden and lit up the brass number 4 on the Dursleys' front door; it crept into their living room, which was almost exactly the same as it had been the night when mr. Dursley had seen that fateful news report about the owls. Only the photographs on the mantelpiece really showed how much time had passed.
Ten years ago, there had been lots of pictures of what looked like a large pink beach ball wearing different coloured bonnets.~

People looked over at Dudley, grins on their faces. Dan and Cat had burst into hysterical laughter and were currently rolling on the floor. Michaela just ignored the and read louder.

~- But Dudley Dursley was no longer a baby and now the photographs showed a large blond boy reading his first bicycle,~

"Poor thing." Ron muttered. Michaela snorted and continued.

~on a carousel at the fair,~

"Poor carousel." Dorea sighed, holding a hand over her heart. "It shall forever have that dent."

~playing a computer game with his father, being hugged and kissed by his mother. The room held no sign at all that another child lived in the house, too.~

"Why's that?" Professor vector, the arithmancy teacher asked. Dorea had always been one of her favourite students, always so polite and got her work done so well. Dorea shrugged in response.

"They never really cared enough to advertise me." She said. No one noticed Michaela's grip on the book tighten nor did they notice how Bill's sapphire eyes narrowed in anger.

~Yet Dorea Potter was still there, asleep at the moment, but not for long. Her Aunt Petunia was awake and it was her shrill voice that made the first noise of the day.
"Up! Get up! Now!"~

"And we complain about how mum wakes us up." Charlie murmured, rubbing the back of his head. Yeah, having the blankets torn off of you was much better than that. Lily, on the other hand winced sympathetically.

~Dorea woke with a start. Her aunt rapped on the door again.
"Up!" She screeched. Dorea heard her walking towards the kitchen and then the sound of the flying  pan being put to the stove. She rolled onto his back and tried to remember the dream she had been having. It had been a good one.~

"How close to the kitchen is your bedroom?" Bill asked. Dorea ignored him, instead choosing to look at the ceiling.

"What was it about?" Asked Luna. Professor Trelawny, who had wandered in during the first chapter, looked at Dorea curiously. Dorea Potter had a good dream for once?