That Night

Another one of those trick or treat nights with people dressed as monsters, superheroes and whatnot....... Ugh! I'm just so tired of seeing this now but this night of the year kinda relieves me, I don't need to hide myself. Well, isn't that what most human beings want? or VAMPIRES?

It's 1990 and things around me are changing fast. Humans are smarter but foolish at the same time. Things have become quite easy for my species now for humans now refrain to believe narratives about "us" while we exist in the darkest shadows....... I look in the mirror and put on my so called costume thinking did I make the right choice to not harm humans when
Ahhhhhhhhh!
A scream?! I close my eyes and I can smell it... Blood, lots and lots of blood and it smells delicious. It's a girl, young and afraid. I rush there as fast as I can. I don't want to do this but I have no control over me. I run and run past the tall trees in the dark night. "You can't harm her" was all I could think and the more closer I got the more restlessness I could feel inside me but i trusted myself after all these years. All these thoughts coiling up in my mind as I ran to the centre of the forest. I had decided to not harm her I trusted myself but wait where is she?

There was no one, not a single soul but I saw it. I trust my senses she was here drenched in blood, red and young. Where is she? It's just impossible to get out of this forest before me. "Excuse me I won't harm you" I assured. "You can come out" but there was no one. I searched and searched but nothing. There was noone. Then what was it I just saw and felt? It was a human, a real human for sure but why isn't she here....
WHY? HOW? WHERE?
Who was she?