twenty six

~Rachel~

I woke up to the ringing of my alarm, in my ear. I groaned at the sound, knowing that I had to get up to turn it off sooner or later. Instead of getting up, I continued to lay in bed. I snuggled deeper into my blankets. It was so warm and cozy. I felt like I was laying on top of a warm cloud. Sighing, I turned the alarm off and grabbed my glasses off of the table next to the bed. I went into the bathroom.

I took my glasses off to put my contacts in. I put the contact on my finger to put it in. My hand slipped making me drop the contact into the running water, in the sink. "Shit." I mumbled. That was my last pair of them and I don't get more until tomorrow. I grumbled at the fact that I would have to wear my glasses to school. I finished getting ready by straightening my hair and applying some mascara and lip balm. Well, and of course I got dressed.

I went down the wooden stairs to the kitchen, to eat some breakfast.

Colton sent me a text message.

Today is the day you begin to play, so get outside so you won't be late.

I snicked, noticing that the message rhymed a little. I quickly brushed my teeth. I grabbed my bag and went to his blue car. He was standing outside leaning against it waiting for me. I assumed that this meant he was driving me to school. When he saw me, I saw a smile appear on his face. I tried to walk past him to go to the other side of the car, but he grabbed my arm. "Good morning sweet pea." he said after giving me a soft kiss on the lips.

"Good morning Colton." I said with a little smile.

He let me go so that I could get into the car. He slipped into the driver's seat.

"You actually wore your glasses today." He said, with the smile still plastered in his face.

"Only because I dropped my last package of contacts down the sink. I don't get my next box until tomorrow." I said pushing the glasses up my nose.

"Well I think that you look very beautiful." he said putting one hand on top of mine, and the other on the steering wheel.

I blushed. Being called beautiful by someone other than my mom still made me blush.

We pulled into the school parking lot and parked in our normal spot. "Make sure you talk to Katie before homeroom." He said opening the car door. This game was going to drive me crazy. It was interesting and stupid at the same time. Having it dragged out over the course of many days is what made it hard for me to like. I am impatient.

I assumed I would be getting more rules and directions for this game from Katie. We walked hand in hand into the school. A few people looked at me probably noticing my glasses, but no one said anything. After we put our stuff into our lockers, we parted ways so that he could catch up with his friends, and so I could find Katie.

She was standing at her locker with a few papers in her hands. Katie smiled when she saw me coming toward her. I could tell that she had lots coffee this morning because she seemed hyper and jittery.

"Good morning Rachel. I have mail for you." she said. She handed me a note. It read:

Day 2

Dear Rachel,

You know the rules of my game, now you learn the goal of the game.

Your main goal is to figure out the puzzle that will tell you about an event that will take place this weekend.

You will receive clues that will ask you to solve riddles to search for places or search for items. Riddles for places you need to and items you need to find will be on pink paper. Riddles that ask for phrases and give hints about the event will be on red paper.