Everyday Has it's Lightning

Loki's POV
I stared at the girl who had handcuffed me with amusement. She had just fallen asleep next to me, acting as though she had nothing to fear from me. She had every right to be afraid of me, yet she didn't seem... shaken by my presence. Beyond where I sat with the strange girl with strange coloured hair, the man in the metal suit and the blonde-haired man were talking about me; I blocked out their voices. How pathetic these mortals were? If they could see what a true king-

The girl shifted in her sleep, face scrunched up and she was moaning in her sleep. I frowned, studying her as she muttered incoherent words.

This mortal was truly the type of person that could get under someone's skin, a warrior of sorts. Even now, she appeared to be holding in a biting urge to do something that'll probably distract the red head woman that was piloting the big metal thing. I gave a subtle shift in an attempt to remain comfortable, my cuffed hands collided with the sleeping mortal's side. She jolted awake, panting heavily.

My hands came away with blood and I gazed at the amount of blood that was there. I felt... strange. Usually I would be happy at seeing my enemies' blood flow out from their bodies in a satisfying rush, yet with this human... it felt... odd. It was like I was-

Don't be an imbecile! You don't have time for this nonsense; you've got plans to execute. My mind interrupted, veering me away from any distractions that could lead me to being torn away from my ultimate goal. The mortals further away from me started more on about me again. This time I tuned in.

"Did he say anything?" a man inquired over a transmission.

"Not a word." The red head woman who was piloting the beast answered.

I immediately tuned out the rest of that conversation and focused my attention on the two men that were currently watching over me and the woman beside me.

"I don't like it." The man in the weird costume declared.

"What? Rock of Ages giving up so easily?" The man in the metal armour replied, I held my tongue as I listened to him say that about me. Really, the language these rats spoke was profoundly amusing. The human beside me stared at me with a puzzled expression, I ignored her. She was beneath my concern at that point. As if she would become my concern at any point.

"I don't remember it being that easy. This guy packs a wallop." I hid a smirk at the involuntary compliment the blonde-haired man had made. Little did they know that from my sparring sessions with the Chatauri soldiers, I had increased my stamina and forces behind my punches. The woman beside me stretched, wincing.

I remembered back to the fight and pulled a face. The mortal woman had pushed me down, obviously trying to hit me yet, could she have been unconsciously saving me? Looking at her pixie like face from the corner of my eye, I couldn't help the thought.

Who is this mortal?

Katra's POV

When I had come round, I hadn't expected it to be the villain to be the one to wake me up. Despite him being the guy who wanted to destroy the world I love the most, I was grateful to him. If he hadn't of woken up... let's just say that Natasha's flying skills with me screaming isn't all that good.

Loki had seemed to be enjoying what Tony and Steve were saying about him. I had given him a puzzled look, trying to figure out what there was to be so thrilled about. Now, as I stood up, I wobbled on my feet, dizzy.

"Still, you were pretty spry, for an older fellow" Tony commented, his voice grating on my ears. Fricking hell, can't this man just shut up? Because of his insistent voice, I hadn't been able to sleep properly. A fellow agent studied me with mixed emotions of curiosity, fear, doubt and pity. Great, just what I need- another agent feeling sorry for me but won't come to help me. Collapsing back down on my seat, I groaned in frustration.