In Your Arms

Sleep was something that didn't come easily in general, let alone on a hundred year old spaceship flying through the depths of space. It wasn't uncommon to find a straggler or two wandering about the common room of the Astra after lights out, messing around until eventually inevitable sleepiness gripped them and forced them back to their cabin. While it tended to rotate nightly as to who would find their way into the head of the ship in the depths of what would be night, if not for the fact that there seemed to be a constant state of night in space, one thing remained consistent, and that was Ulgar's tendencies to never stay in his cabin past the mid mark of night.

The lithe boy found his way to a bench in one of the windows located at the end of the hall in the cabins, the direction leading towards the back of the ship. It wasn't ideal, but after having found Kanato present in the head of the ship, he didn't want to stick around long enough for the other to notice him and try to strike up a conversation. Ulgar didn't have any words for Kanata, or much of anyone else aboard their ship, and he never wanted to be put into a situation where he'd need to offer more than a few bits of information. Though, he did have to admit, loneliness was a battle he didn't quite enjoy fighting.

It has been several years since Finn's passing, the soft ache of loneliness never eased in pain. It's what kept Ulgar from sleeping soundly, if at all, having to stand being confined to a room without the sound of anything other than his own breath and the hum of the ship. It wasn't as if he wanted to seek anyone out either- during the day, it was rare to find him conversing at all with the others...but he still kept close. Close enough that he didn't feel alone, but far enough that he wasn't establishing any attachments- for the most part. Finn had been his sole confidant, and without him there to listen to Ulgar, the jet-haired boy wasn't exactly sure there was anyone else who wanted to listen. Truly listen, not just listen out of pity. He'd dealt with pity too much from anyone who was aware of any aspect of his life and he was entirely over it. The round, sad look in the other person's eyes and the slight, awkward frown that told him they didn't really want to be here, they were doing it for him. They were doing it to make themselves feel better, about their own lives or about how they were treating someone less fortunate with their kindness. It was this abundance of knowledge of cues in body language that told Ulgar how someone was truly feeling that left him confused when his mind landed on a specific set of eyes.

Looking down the hallway, Ulgar almost flinched when he saw a small, shadowed figure. However, as soon as it was present that his attention had shifted to this person, the other boy made himself known.

"Ulgar..? It's- well, I don't know...whatever time it is, it's late." A mumbled, sleepy voice came from the short body that stumbled in the lengthy boy's direction, prompting him to sit up.

"And?" Ulgar responded curtly to the familiar voice and figure.

"And you should be asleep.." Luca yawned as a sliver of light shone through the window Ulgar sat in, illuminating his tired expression as he reached up and rubbed his eyes that Ulgar took a quick glance at.

Luca was an interesting case to Ulgar, he was one of the few people that didn't entirely annoy him when in his general vicinity, and it was his eyes that were a large portion of that, "I could say the same." The boy snorted, turning back towards the window and looking out at the endless advance that was space, directly outside this window, he held his hand up to it for a moment, knees drawn to his chest, pressing his back firmer against the wall behind him, fingertips feeling to coolness of the window through his gloves, just barely. It was amazing, how endless it all was...it looked the same, all of it, darkness with little dots of light..

"I couldn't sleep.." Luca mumbled with a tired sniff, moving to lean against the wall of the window bench, tilting his head back to look up at the other boy, lavender hair gently falling back and landing gently on the other's knee.