Chapter 16 Missing

Loki's POV

The mission to the Hydra facility lasted a lot longer than any of us expected. There was a lot of Hydra agents and it took time to beat them all down, arrest them and take control of the base. But finally we have finished and we are on our way home. Chilling in the back of the jet but all I can think about is Katrina and how much I love her. We have been gone practically all day and I know it's only been a few hours but I missed her. I have really missed her. I can't wait to see her and to hold her in my arms. God I love her so much.

We are nearly there and I look out the window at the tower and something is wrong. The tower is in complete darkness. Tony has also noticed as he comes to stand beside me with everyone gathered behind us or at the other windows.

I look at Tony, "Why is the power out?"

He looks confused, "It shouldn't be. The tower is self-efficient and uses the same technology as my arc reactor. It shouldn't ever go out." He speaks into his earpiece, "Jarvis? Jarvis can you hear me?"

"Anything?" Nat asks from behind us.

Tony shakes his head, "He's not responding." He steps into his suit, "I'm going to go and check the arc reactor and get the power back up and running."

I nod, "I'm going to teleport inside and check on Katrina."

"Just be careful." He warns me, "You might not be alone in there."

Then he goes to the back of the jet and flies away while I teleport out of the jet and into the pitch black tower. Praying that Katrina is ok and that it's just a power outage. But knowing deep down it's not.

I appear in the living room and I instantly produce orbs of light with my magic which light up the floor. But there is no sign of Katrina anywhere and I feel my gut twist. Please tell me she is ok. Please for the love of Odin be ok.

"Katrina are you here? Katrina?" But there is no answer as I look around, "Katrina?!"

I then notice her door is open and quickly I go into her bedroom, the orbs of light moving with me and instantly they light up her bedroom. She isn't here but she was. Her chair is by the window, a book on it and I spot her purse and phone on the floor. Something happened here, I can feel it and I know instantly someone took Katrina. I check the rest of the floor, just in case but she isn't here. I move into the lounge as the power comes on, the tower is back in operation.

The lift dings and I turn to see Tony rush inside along with Nat and Clint and I assume Bruce and Steve are checking the other floors.

"She isn't here." I tell Tony as he reaches me, "But it looks like there was a struggle in her room."

Tony face pales, "Can you track her down? Like you did last time?"

I nod as I begin focusing on my magic, "Yeah I can and I can see if I can talk to her too. Check she is ok but who took her Tony? She should have been safe."

That's when Nat speaks up, "I will check with Fury, see if he has any ideas."

We nod and then they leave, Tony the only one staying with me as I sit on the sofa and cross my legs as I focus on my magic. Just got to find her, find the necklace and hopefully once we are on the move, I can speak to her too. I just pray that she is ok and hasn't been harmed. My poor girl. I would be heartbroken if something has happened to her but I am determined to get her back, no matter what. I just pray it's not Hydra who took her as I know why they wanted her last time and... just please be ok Katrina. Please for the love of Odin be ok.