Odd Love ~ Chapter 7

Firstly, I am so so sorry for my lack of updates... It's just that my grades at school ar getting even worse and I need to focus on that... I will continue to update, but really slowly. Also, I'm sorry this chaper is so short. (Ugh I feel like I'm letting you down with this story...)

X Alec

~

~Ava pov.

The next day Finn and I arrive at school a bit early. I put a lot of effort in my appearance today, because I want to look beautiful when Mackenzie and I see each other. I keep playing with my hair, an annoying habit I developed when I was younger. 

"Stop playing with your hair, Ava. Everything will be fine and Mackenzie will realize how stupid she was to decline your offer to drive her home on your birthday." Finn grabs my hand to get me to stop playing with my hair. When Finn says it like that it sounds really childish, what's the big problem when someone doesn't need a lift home? I sigh and nod.

"I guess you're right, but what is she doesn't show up at school? Or what if she declines me? So many things could go wrong!" "Ava Maddelyn Wolfe, you are an amazing girl and you are not going to be declined by your mate."

"He's right, I would never decline you." Her voice, it's beautiful. 'Turn around, A.' Finn mouths at me. I smile and turn around, seeing my mate for the first time since she knows we're mates. And then it's like the world stops moving, as if everything else stops for a second. We walk towards each other and then she is in my arms, finally. She seems to be happy. But what if she was forced to pretend to accept me as her mate? What if she doesn't really like me? What if, what if...

As if Mackenzie knows what I'm thinking, she connects with me telepaticly. Ava, love, I really accept you as my mate. I'm not forced by anyone or anything. Today is the happiest day of my life, I really really like you. She looks up at me and I smile. I really really like you too, Kenzie. I'm so glad you're my mate.

Honestly, I've liked you ever since I saw you the first day of high school, Ava, and I wil for the rest of my life. I make and endearing sound she's so sweet. Baby, you're so sweet. How about we skip school today and go on a date? I ask, wanting to spend as much time as possible with her. But as soon as I look at her, she has this look of regret on her face. "I can't do that, A. I'm sorry." She wispers, looking away. Feeling hurt, I put my fingers under her chin making her look up at me. "Mackenzie Anne Luna Blake, look at me. It's totaly fine if you don't want to skip school. I get it. School is really important." I look her in the eyes and I can see she wants to believe I'm serious. I grab her hand, put on a smile and say "Let's get inside then, we don't want to be late for first period!" We'll keep in contact today, okay Kenz?

Okay. The answer is short but the feeling I get from it is happiness. We arrive at our lockers, which are on opposite sides of the hall, and I let go of Mackenzie for the first time today. We smile at each other and I open my locker. 

First period is chemistry and after that english with Mackenzie. So I guess my first period will mostly be talking to Mackenzie through our mind link and second period  will mostly be talking to Mackenzie in real life. I grab my books and head over to Mackenzie's locker. "I have chem first period, what about you?" I ask her. "I have drama." She smiles "I love drama, it's one of my favorite subjects." I smile "I'll mind-link you in first period, okay?" She nods and she leaves to the other side to the drama section while I walk to chemistry. 

~

After school I wait for her at her locker, smiling like a mad man. 

"Hey Kenzie, I got you a birthday present." I'm still smiling as I get the little box out of my bag. 

"Mackenzie Anne Luna Blake, I know we don't know each other that well yet, but I really like you and I want to give you this. It's quite important, and I know you know it is. I hope you like it." I give her the little box and look at her expectantly. She opens it and looks at me with a shocked look on her face. I just smile at her.

"Oh my... I can't believe you gave it to me... This is so important. Why would you give me this already. This is so important." she looks at the wolf charm and then looks at me dumbfounded. "Thank you so so much, Ava. I love it and I cant believe you gave it to me already." She hugs me and gives me a kiss on my cheek. 

"I want you to have it, Kenzie, because you're so important to me and I want us to be together for the rest of our lives." Her smile drops and she looks away. Did I do something wrong?

Kenzie, babe, did I do something wrong? Are you okay? I grab her hand. She looks up at me, tears are in her eyes. I am so sorry Ava, I really have to go. With that, she lets go of my hand and turns away. 

"Makenzie! Where are you going?" She doesn't reply, just keeps walking. "Makenzie! Wait for me!" She walks around the corner and I realise I probably should catch up with her if I don't want her to dissapear. I start running but as soon as I turn around the corner she is no where to be seen. I run to the exit of the school but she isn't there either. I call for her, shout her name out loud and in my head, but I get now reaction what so ever.

Where did she go?