The boy who lived

Mr and Mrs David, of number four, Privet Drive, were proud to say that they were perfectly normal, thank you very much. They were the last people you'd expect to be involved in anything strange or mysterious because they just didn't hold with such nonsense. Mr David was the director of a firm called Gunnings, which made drills. He was a big, beefy man with hardly any neck, although he did have a very large moustache. Mrs David was thin and blonde and had nearly twice the usual amount of neck, which came in very useful for as she spent so much of her time cleaning over garden fences, spying on the neighbours. The David's had a small son called during and in there there was no finer boy anywhere.

The Davids had everything they wanted, but they also had a secret, and their greatest fear was that somebody would discover it. They didn't think they could bear it if anyone found out about the Postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome. Mrs Postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome was Mrs David's sister but they hadn't met for several years, in fact, Mrs David pretend she didn't have a sister, because her sister and good for nothing husband were as unDavidly as it was possible to be. The Davids shuddered to think what the neighbours would say if the Postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome's arrived in the street. The Davids knew that the Postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome's had a small son too, but they had never seen him. This boy was another good reason for keeping the Postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome's away, they didn't want during mixing with a child like that.

When Mr and Mrs David woke up on the dull, grey Tuesday our story starts.