CHAPTER ONE

→˚₊· [⛓] 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄 ੭*
ೃ₊• 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒂𝒓𝒓𝒂𝒏𝒈𝒆𝒎𝒆𝒏𝒕 ❞
──────────────────────────

❝ 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘮𝘦𝘭𝘭 𝘰𝘧 𝘣𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘥 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘥𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘩 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘧𝘶𝘮𝘦 ❞

𝘣𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘥 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘥𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘩 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘧𝘶𝘮𝘦 ❞

──────────────────────────

IT WAS ALREADY TEN PM, but the night was far from over. I stirred a martini, my eyes cautiously surveying the room full of people who only went to these sorts of events to boost their public images. The didn't actually care about donations and charity. They just wanted everyone else to believe they did.

Upon the glamorous evening gowns and suits alike, I found the target I was looking for. It was a man. He was tall with short blonde hair and eyes an odd shade of green. He wasn't older like I previously thought he would be. He was actually quite young, and I could tell why Amalea had warned me about him. Attractive or not, he was dangerous.

This man charmed and then killed dozens for the French mafia. Sure, maybe he wasn't any better than some of the other men I knew, some of the men I was friends with, but they'd all get what was coming to them in the end anyway.

They were all bad men. It's what I had always told myself when I had doubts.

Spotted. I texted Amalea quickly, a smirk on my face for how fast I had gotten the job done.

Didn't expect any less. She answered back, Distract him.

That's how it went in our little group. I usually did the distracting, sometimes the pickpocketing, and the interrogating. Amalea was more blunt and less likable than me, apparently, and tended to fight rather than take flight. Highly trained in assassination, she carried out attacks and did most of the killing.

"Damn, he's hot." Francesca Romano, my cousin and newest friend, suddenly appeared by my side. I jumped out of surprise, my heartbeat quickening. Things like that still scared me after last year when I just happened to be kidnapped.

"Why do we always have to kill the hot ones?" She rolled her eyes, taking a sip from a champagne flute. She set the glass on the tall mini table beside me and then straightened out her dark red evening gown. Francesca was probably the most gorgeous woman I had ever seen.

She was everything every girl strived to be: beautiful, confident, and the definition of sex. Francesca went for what she wanted and always made sure she got it. Plus, she didn't care what others thought of her. I always found myself constantly wanting to be more like her.