hum. *ventixfem!reader*

Venti never seemed to notice, but each night, Y/n would sneak out to the cathedral at the top, and she watched Venti closely as he would hum into the night. Y/n loved each and every note he would hum or even sing depending on the day.

That was until one night she made too much sound, well not her herself, but Paimon. Paimon asked to tag along that day and Y/n mentally cursed herself for letting Paimon to join.Paimon, whispered, taking away Y/n's peace, "Paimon thinks, that Y/n spends too much time around the Tone Deaf Bard. Y/n is taking too much liking to his music." Paimon's high pitch voice, set off an uneasy feeling when Y/n saw Venti quickly look up.

Y/n dropped down, grabbing Paimon with her. A soft 'hm?' escaping Venti's mouth before he shrugged, "I swear I heard Paimon.. But she should be asleep, with Y/n." Venti sighed, walking off.

Y/n groaned, "Paiiimonnn! Why are you always so loud?!" Y/n said shaking the smaller girl, Paimon squeak, "Paimon is sorry! Please Y/n just stop shaking Paimon!" Paimon's squeaks got louder, before the sound of foot steps sounded their startle.

"eep!" Paimon yelled grabbing onto Y/n's hair, low and behold, Venti. "Found you! I just knew something was odd, I swear I could hear Paimon's squeaking from superrr far." Venti said with an excited grin.

Paimon smiled, "See Y/n, Paimon was correct! He did know!" Y/n groaned, before Venti held his hand out to her, helping her up, Paimon then disappeared when Y/n tried to knock her on the back of the head.

Venti let out a giggle, the wind blew around  around them, Y/n smiled and rolled her eyes, before realizing she infact, did not let go of Venti's hand. Her face flushed, before turning her head, and coughing. The wind, almost as if it was Venti's reaction, had gotten faster, and quicker around the two.

Venti raised an eyebrow before his smile grew wider his face flushed, "You didn't have to let go you know." He whispered, Y/n's face flushed even brighter before she shoved him lightly, turning on her heel.

She stood up on the ledge, then hopping down the roof. "Well, I'll see you later, goodnight Venti" her voice was quiet, he tilted his head, a small frown placed on his lips as he whispered, "Okay."

The next morning Y/n had been oddly quiet, Paimon shoved her shoulders a small bit, "Are you okay? Paimon is a bit worried." Paimon whispered as Jean talked about stopped the Hilichurls from attacking.

Although Y/n and Venti had seemed quite a bit quieter than normal, Venti seemed to be peppy still. Y/n's frowned deepened, she sucked in a breath as everyone's heads turned to her, she smiled, "Sorry, lost in thought." She mumbled, Jean nodded before she kept speaking.

Venti sighed, before tuning back into what Jean was talking about. He watched Y/n with a soft frown, Diluc, noticing the frown on the bard's face, shoved Venti a tad with his arm before leaning down and whispering, "What's up with you two, you're really making everything uneasy." he hissed, Venti sigh and shrugged.

Diluc shook his head in disappointment, "Fine if you wont tell me, I'll ask her later." His voice seemed a lot sharper when he was whispering. Venti rolled his eyes, leaning on his hand.

Diluc sighed, shaking his head, Jean stopped talking, "I think that's all for now, I'll speak to you all later." Jean smiled a tight smile before turning back to her paper work, and speaking with Lisa.

Y/n stepped out of the room with Diluc following behind her, "So what is it." his voice was sharp, Y/n frowned, "I... I really dont know, every time im around Venti I just feel... Odd? Like my face flushes up and I get all nervous." She sucked in a breath, "I can't tell you why I feel like this." she mumbled.

Diluc's eyes went wide, he let out a dry laugh, "You..? Have you ever..? I dont even know how to tell you." He smiled softly, which seemed a bit rare, "Y/n are you in love with him?" Y/n 's eyes flashed wide, she frowned.

"I cant, I shouldn't be in love with him, Diluc he's.. He's a god!" She hissed, Diluc shook his head, "You're not even from here," he continued, "But there's really no way to get ride of feelings, he probably thinks you hate him right now." Diluc sighed, "God I am not any help am I?" He asked.

Y/n smiled softly, "Thank you Diluc, you were a lot of help, I'll talk to him." she nodded, "I'll talk to you later, bye bye!" Y/n sprinted off, grabbing Paimon who was chatting up a storm with Kaeya.

"WAAA LET PAIMON GOOO!" Paimon screeched, Y/n pat her on the head, "It's just me Paimon." Y/n smiled, as Paimon let out a relieved sigh, "Y/n ! You scared Paimon so bad!" Paimon mumbled, Y/n smiled again, "Sorry, sorry, I'm just kinda happy, for now." Paimon tilted her head in confusion, "For now? Paimon doesnt understand..."

Y/n smiled, "I realized something thanks to Diluc, and maybe, just maybe I'll be able to figure out a few more things." She said with her face lightly flushed, she turned her head over to where Venti was.

Venti's head turned he sent her a soft smile as she waved over to him, "Venti!" She ran over to him, Paimon yelled for Y/n trying to get her attention.