Chapter 1

The warm glow of the day began fading in the green filled mountains, leaving a red blazed sky in its place. The young rain woman quickly raced to the nearest shop before the last ray of light could vanish. She hoped her timing wasn't too late for the shopkeeper and gently knocked on the rotting wood. Within a matter of seconds the door swung open to reveal an elderly woman less than pleased to see a customer at this hour.

"My door is weak enough without you clobbering it with those boulders you call hands!" The senior exclaims angrily.

Juvia shrieked as she examined her hands, "Is that why Grey-Sama does not love Juvia?!"

"A love seeker huh? How did you hear of my shop?"

"Juvia has been searching many places to find a great psychic. She needs true answers and was told this shop was the best place to get them."

The aging fortune teller sighed as she took a seat behind her table and motioned to follow her. Juvia quickly sat in excitement awaiting the psychic's prediction.

"Do you know why I built my business? Why, I choose to live in the middle of nowhere?"

"...No, Juvia was wondering how the business gets customers out here? Wouldn't it be better to be closer to a city?"

"I worked hard to perfect my magic, I dedicated most of my life to provide the ones who came to me with real fortunes. Messages that will improve their lives or the lives of their loved ones. I put in years to make a difference with my magic. You see, my magic type allows me to not only see one's life or future but also experience it. I get a personal touch in my client's reading, allowing me to see far more details in both future and past. My readings are at the absolute highest!... So I set up shop in a busy area with lots of people... but do you know who came?" She asked as her voice filled with anger.

The water mage shook her head as she sat quietly to hear the rest of the story.

"People who took me as a joke! All they came for was meaningless answers they would've found out in a week. They asked me of their luck in love, how their future wife or husband would look. Before I knew it, I was labeled True Cupid and my dream was gone!... I finally had enough and left the city, all the money they gave was only a reminder of what a waste my life and work was. I may not have too many customers now but the only ones willing enough to come all this way, tread all those trails and not give up, have questions worth answering... Well, that is until you came."

"No wait, Juvia's problem is worth-"

"I will not make the same mistake!" She yelled as she stood up.

"Juvia came all this way! The psychic has no right to say her love is unworthy!" The senior paid her no attention as she began walking away. "... Juvia only wants to know if the person who gave her a home sees her the same way."

The tired shopkeeper stopped before she reached the door. She ground her teeth in frustration and sighed in defeat as she turned back to the traveler. "What if your beloved doesn't love you back? You think you'll be able to handle the reading if he isn't in your future?"

"...Yes," Juvia said quietly as she looked up to meet the old lady's eyes.

"One reading. I'll say what I see and you will not discuss this meeting to ANYONE. Understood."

"Yes! Juvia won't tell anyone!" She grinned as she rushed to the psychic to shake her hand. "Juvia is very thankful! You are very kind!"

"Alright! Enough, sit down! I'm not going to stay up all night for this!"