05 House Call

For a week Carson keeps me to himself. I haven't seen my family or friends. I guess that's not too uncommon for newly mated couples but I do miss them. We haven't had to many fights. I think I get him now. He wants to know I am loyal to him alone. I wonder what makes him like that. I mean he must be insecure about our relationship for him to respond the way he does, right? And he's always so sweet after he blows up. I know he doesn't mean it and we heal so quickly it's not like he's done any real damage.

"Morning, Carson." I greet him with his morning coffee. 5AM right after his morning run.

"Good morning my sweet mate!" He responds kissing me as he takes his coffee.

This us our routine. Carson runs while I make breakfast. He's a bit of a neat freak so I clean most of the day. I work in his... well I guess it's my garden now. I have dinner ready for him when he gets home. He doesn't like other men looking at me so he requests I stay home or in his office when he calls for me. It's kinda lonely but he seems happy. Today tho I want to visit with my family. It's been long enough and I miss them.

"So... will you be in the office all day?" I ask and he sets his mug down giving me his full attention.

"I always am. Why do you ask, Katie?" He responds. I know he's getting serious when I'm no longer little mate. I shuffle nervously not wanting to upset him. "Just tell me what you want."

"I was thinking while you are busy I could go visit with my family and Zoey... I'm sure they miss me and..."

"You want to leave me?" He cuts me off.

"No it's just my family and friend... I miss them and I..."

"I thought I was your family? Your friend? Is that not what a mate is? Am I not enough for you?!" He yells grabbing my arms tightly.

"No! Carson, that's not it at all. I just miss them." I try to explain.

"You have a boyfriend don't you? You want to cuckold me?!" He screams. Where did he get that?

"No! You are my first and only. I would never do that to you." I insist.

"Liar!" He roars hitting me across the face so hard I go flying into the wall. I curl up into a ball as he throws his mug shattering it above my head. He doesn't stop fuming until he hears me sobbing and drops to the ground in front of me.

"Oh, little mate." He says reaching for me and I can't help but flinch away. He either doesn't notice or doesn't care as he takes my chin in his hand. "Look at me, baby... aw man. I think your cheek may be broken." I hiss in pain as he touches the likely broken bone on my face.

"I... I... d... don't have an... anyone else... I wouldn't do that." I get out through the sobs.

"Shhhhhh..." he says as he pulls me into his lap. "I know baby, I'm sorry... you just said you wanted to leave me for them and I freaked out... I didn't mean to hurt you. How about I call the doc and get you some pain meds then we can spend the day together?" He asks rocking me as he holds me close.

"I'm sorry too... I don't want to leave you. If it means this much to you I don't need to see them. That's what phones are for, right?" I try to comfort him.

"You needed me, Alpha?" Doc Green asks as he enters. Carson no doubt mind linked him. The good doc has made a couple house calls. It's better that the pack doesn't question their Alpha and honestly I bring a lot of it on myself.

"Come along, Luna." He sighs once he sees my face. "Falling into desks again? Or let me guess you got hit with a doorknob?"

"I'm not sure I like your tone, doctor." Carson growls.

"Sorry, Alpha... I'd need an x-ray to be sure but it looks like you may have a slight fracture. It should be healed by tomorrow. Here are some pills for the pain. If you ever need anything feel free to contact me, Luna." The Doc says glancing between my mate and I.

"I will be sure to let you know." Carson answers before I can get a word out. "Thank you doctor." He adds as he ushers the man out.

"Don't you have work to do?" I ask as Carson sits beside me reading the directions on the pill bottle.

"I do... but you are my mate." He responds.

"I love you for that but you're the Alpha and this pack needs you too. Go be the Alpha." I say sternly.

"Yes my Luna." He chuckles before handing me the pills. "One to two pills every 6 hours. No more. I don't want you overdosing."

"Yes Alpha." I smile giving him a kiss as he leaves.

I take my first dose of the drug and lay back on the couch. Just as I start to get comfortable I hear a knock at the door. With a grunt I get up and answer it. When I open the door I am overjoyed by what I see.

"Zo!" I yell wrapping her in a hug.