Chapter 6

"Decoration?"

"Check."

"Lighting?"

"Check."

"Music?"

"Check."

"Drinks?"

"Check."

"Refreshments?"

"Check."

"Main course?"

"Check."

"Dessert?"

"Check." Purvi smile and check off the last thing on her checklist. Purvi looked up at her assistant Nikita and give her a thumps up.

"You didn't check on shopping." Purvi heard and turned around to look. Purvi sigh as she saw Anaya walking toward her.

"I didn't need to go on shopping. I will look through my closet to wear something for tonight." Purvi told her with a shrug and look at her phone when it vibrate in her hand.

"Yes Mother?" Purvi says as she pick it up.

"Where are you?" Madhu asked her. Purvi swallow and look around the hallway. She didn't tell Madhu about getting hire to plan an event.

"At office." Purvi lied to her. She heard her taking a breath and the line went silent.

"Don't lie to me. I stop by office to see how things are going but you weren't there neither your assistant. Just tell me where the hell you have been roaming around and with who? Did you even care about your father or not? Did you even care about the company or not? It was all my mistake to give you the company." Madhu says angrily. Purvi close her eyes feeling hurt by her mother words.

"You are right. You did mistake. But not by giving me the company, but you let Dad adopted me. That was your mistake, Mother. Beside, I don't have to tell you where am I, how am I and who am I with. You never earn the right to know what is going on in my life because you never accept me as your daughter." Purvi says calmly and open her eyes when she feel a hand on her shoulder. She give a small smile to Anaya and wipe her eyes when it get teary.

"Good bye Mother." Purvi hung up and look at her phone wallpaper with a small smile. It was of the selfie that she click with her Dad before he passed away.

"He will be proud on you, Purvi. Don't be sad thinking about your mother words." Anaya says softly and give her a side hug. Purvi sigh and nodded.

"Yeah, I don't have to think about Mother right now. I have more important things to focus on." Purvi says and clear her throats turning to face her assistant.

"You can go home or on shopping if you want because tonight you have to be here with me to make sure things went smoothly." Purvi told her. Nikita nodded and take her leave.

"Come on, show me what you have been doing around here." Anaya says trying to cheer her up when she saw her sad eyes.

"Sure." Purvi says and take her toward the hall where the event is held. Luckily for her, Anaya arrange the hotel ballroom for the event at the low price as her boyfriend is the friend with the owner. As they walk inside, Anaya look around and nodded at the black and gold color theme decorations all around the hall. There was a bar in the right corner and music set up next to it while by the left wall there will be a long table where dinner will be served.