Part 3 - Bonus Part

Hi there! As a bonus part, I'll take a problem directly from the module and show completely its solution and answer.

Disclaimer: I do not own the problem below. It is taken from the module of Grade 9.

Problem. The floor of the house of Retdex is formed a square. If its area is 81 square meter and he wanted to add both sides of the floor to make a new area of 144 square meter. What is the value of the side being added?

Solution:
✏️Step 1. Note that the formula for the area of a square is given as:
                  Area = (side)²
✏️Step 2. Note that the area of the floor is 81m², it follows:
                  81m² = (side)²
✏️Step 3. Get the square root of the values on both sides.
                √81m² = √(side)²
✏️ Step 4. Simplify.
                      9m = side
➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖
✏️Step 5. Note that Retdex wanted to expand the floor and the new area is 144m².

✏️Step 6. Substitute 144m² into the formula for the area of the square, it follows:
                      144m² = (side)²
✏️Step 7. Get the square root of the values on both sides.
                    √144m² = √(side)²
✏️Step 8. Simplify.
                          12m = side
➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖
✏️Step 9. Subtract the measure of the side of the old floor from the measure of the side of the new floor, it follows:
                       12m - 9m = 3m
✏️Step 10. Therefore, the value of the side being added is 3m.

📖Answer. The value of the side being added is 3m.

➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖
End of Bonus Part.

🤔If you would like to ask or clarify anything, feel free to give comments or directly long press the part of the solution that confuse you then type at the message button.

😊Thank you for reading. I hope it can help you.

✏️Keep waiting for the additional math contents here. I'll add more guides to your modules ASAP.

😅If you appreciate my work and would like to support me to create new content, I will be grateful to receive any small incentive through this number: 09381598922.