III. 𝑁𝑂𝑅𝑀𝐴𝐿𝐶𝑌

WC: 1,625

       𝐼 𝑊𝐴𝑆 𝑆𝐴𝑇 on the counter of Esme's kitchen thinking to myself about the intense mood swings i'd been experiencing. I felt for Jasper in that moment; his ability to read me so clearly. I moved my head to watch his back as he moved, crouching to find whatever it was he needed. The fabric of his shirt tightened over his back and I blushed. Another trait from my humanity that the gift allowed me to possess.

       He halted his movements for only a moment, no doubt noticing my shift in mood once again, before rising up. I turned away from him; suddenly embarrassed by the direction of my straying thoughts. I ignored him the best I could as he stalked his way closer to where he had placed me just moments before.

       What he did next startled me. Cold hands grasped my legs; sliding up my inner thighs. Jasper pushed them apart tentatively as he stepped into the newly formed gap. My head was snapped up to meet the towering gaze. His demeanor had changed entirely. The ice still gripped my legs, pulling me closer to him if possible. I was positively impassioned. The blood left inside my body boiled- he smirked in response.

"What on earth are you doing?" He grinned at my flustered tone.

"I am simply enjoying your emotions."

       Before I could come up with a witty response he connected the space between us. I obliged, my heat melting in his frigid embrace. My hands reached up entangling in his hair. His hold on my form tightened and I gasped, my legs wrapping around his waist, allowing him to take even more dominance. Jasper took me over then. His scent, his touch, his hunger..invaded my senses.

      The beast living deep in my core was raw and ravenous once I had inhaled him. She wanted Jasper- and who was I to to deny her; I wanted him too. All of him. It was maddening. I was ready to push further, my mind overpowered by lust and adoration-

"Get. A. Room.", boomed the semi-sarcastic voice of Emmett.

       I shrieked, hiding myself in my sleeves, unwilling to take a look in the direction of the large man. Jasper pulled from me for just a moment.

"He's gone.", he whispered.

       A pout formed on my features as I peeked from over the fabric. The amber eyes bore into mine, the fingers slowly removing my hands from my face. He began inching closer to my lips once again.

        My eyes had been closed in anticipation when I felt the man grab my chin, his cool breath exciting me once more. He pecked me once, softly, then swiped his tongue across my bottom lip. Continuing the dampness down my chin after that. He pecked my lips again before making a smacking sound, resting his hands back onto my thighs.

"Delicious.", he drawled.

"Tease.", I whispered.

        I opened my eyes to his playful ones and watched as he picked up the rag he had placed aside. He looked down at me, his eyes soft, as he began to wipe the remaining blood from my skin. His touch was so tender, and I felt myself feeling so small beneath it. I knew that when I was with him, I would always be protected. It was when I was without the man that I couldn't be sure.

_____

"So how do I do it?", I asked. He stood a few feet ahead of me, his posture militant once again.