Broken Little Things

My heart was ripping free from my chest; Bobby put his arm around me and I pulled away.

"Come on," he pleaded.

I looked at him and those blue eyes; I gave him the biggest shove and he laughed.

"It's not funny," I said.

The laughter stopped as the guilt creeped into bed with us. Cheating isn't good; it doesn't matter how good it feels. However, sleeping with my brother-in-law well that's just sinful. My phone vibrated and I pulled it free from my jeans.

"Hey, how's the convention?" I asked.

Bobby was the little brother, always jealous of what his older brother, Ricky. Bobby's lips skated along my neck, but then my husband said something that pulled me into the real world. I quickly hung up the phone.

"Everything okay?" Bobby asked.

"No!" I started to put my underwear on, "Ricky's almost home, you gotta go."

Bobby picked up his phone, "Maybe tonight's the night," Bobby said.

Tonight? There was never supposed to be a "night." I turned around to see those damn eyes glowing in the light of his cell phone.

"What are you doing?"

"Calling Ricky," Bobby replied.

I slapped the phone from his hand, but then Bobby mounted me.

"What the fuck!" Bobby shouted.

"We can't tell Ricky anything!"

"Are you afraid to tell him how much bigger I am?" Bobby said.

"Get off," I hissed.

"You know what I'm gonna do?" Bobby whispered and unbuttoned my jeans, "I'm gonna have you screaming my name as Ricky walks through that door."

I pushed his hands away and then they found my neck. Bobby squeezed until I started turning red. I was using Bobby, but he was using me. I was just another one of Ricky's "things" that Bobby wanted. Not because he wanted me, but because he wanted to hurt Ricky. I kneed fast and hard, Bobby went tumbling forward.

"You son of a bitch!" I shouted.

I rolled over onto my knees. Bobby was in a naked heap. I leaned over the edge of the bed to see Bobby's wide baby blue eyes staring at me.

"Bobby," I said.

He didn't answer. I placed my head to his chest. My hands went to his neck, it was limp, he was dead.

"Shit!"

If I told the truth, Ricky would leave me. I'd be forced to move back into a one bedroom with Mama. I glared at Bobby and started gathering his things. I tossed everything into the basement. Then I returned to give Bobby the same fate. Muscle and bone slammed into wooden steps and then silence. I waited on the couch.

"Honey, I'm home!" Ricky shouted.

"It's about time, want a beer?" I asked.

"Yeah," Ricky replied.

Once Ricky goes to sleep, I'll deal with Bobby.

"Bobby left me a voicemail." Ricky played it. His blue eyes glared at me, as he listened to Bobby's final moments. I glared back, wondering how those eyes would look from the bottom of the basement steps.