Hogsmeade

Exams are finally done, students cheerfully crowd the hallway, running, skipping, and jumping. Fred and George celebrate by setting fire works through the halls. The students cheer and laugh, ' I love it here,' Paisley thinks to herself, smiling as fireworks surround her.

"Hey Pais," Harry says, putting his arm around her. Butterflies still form in her stomach every time Harry calls her by Pais.

" Hey Harry," she says and kisses him on the cheek when they are far enough away from the chaos, " I'm so excited to get a dress for the Yule Ball." Paisley says, glancing at Harry's expression when she says Yule Ball, to make sure he hadn't forgotten to ask her, he is expressionless though. Paisley signs for herself and sets off to meet Hermione and Ron by the main entrance.

" Hey guys," Ron says. They are all wrapped in their huge coats, scarves, and mittens. They walk faster than usual to escape the cold and make it to Hogsmeade in no time.

" You guys keep yourself busy while Paisley and I go into Gladrags Wizardwear." Hermione says, pushing them away from the door. The two of them enter and are smacked in the face by the warm air, their goosebumps disappear under their coats. They walk straight to the dresses.

" Hey, um, Hermione?"

" Yes?"

" Harry is acting so weird, I think he has forgotten to ask me to the Yule Ball, I know we are surely going with each other but I think Harry assumes that and hasn't bothered to ask. He hasn't mentioned anything to me, I would love to be formally asked, I've been looking forward to it all year."

" Oh don't be silly, i'm sure he's planning something huge. I'll talk to Ron, Harry tells Ron everything." Hermione says with uncertainty in her voice.

" Thank you." Paisley says and pulls Hermione into a hug. They pull nearly 30 dresses from the rack and go to town trying them all on. After about an hour they grow tired of trying them on and pick their favorite one to check out.

" We are going to be the most stunning pair of best friends the ball has ever seen" Hermione says, Paisley smiles at the thought of having a best friend, especially being best friends with someone as amazing as Hermione Granger.

" Yes we are." Paisley agrees and links her fur coated arm with Hermione's as they walk through Hogsmeade trying to find Harry and Ron. They end up finding them at The Leaky Cauldron. Ron and Harry meet them at the door, entering the cold again.

" How was it?" Ron asks

" It was good," Hermione says, winking at Paisley.

" What color is the dress?" Ron says, grabbing Hermione's bag and running down the white powdery street. Hermione runs after him and snatches the bag back, hitting him over the head with it. They all laugh.

" We are just going to go shopping for a new spell book for Ron, he lost his yesterday." Hermione tells Paisley and Harry.

" Sounds like Ron," Harry says.

" Shut up Potter," Ron answers, pushing Harry playfully. They part ways. Paisley and Harry walk into the deserted part of the snow until footprints disappear and all that's in front of them is a snow coated bridge with frozen water under it. Paisley lifts herself up to sit on the edge of the bridge. Harry puts himself between Paisley's legs and grabs her waist.

" How tragic it would be if you fell." Harry whispers, the cold cloud of his breath filling the air around them. Paisley smiles and places her hand on Harry's cheek and presses her lips into his.

" You're amazing." Harry says, letting his head fall on Paisley's chest.

" You know you don't have to tell me everytime." Paisley says, brushing her mittened hand through Harry's hair.

" I know, but it's important that you know that Pais."

" Thanks," Paisley says, still annoyed he hasn't asked her yet. A rush of impatience flows through her and she hops off the side of the bridge back onto the path. She starts walking away from Harry, quickly. Once Harry realizes she is gone he runs to catch up to her.

" Paisley, what happened?"

" Oh stop pretending!" She says furiously.

" I can't really predict what you're thinking. Are you on your lady days or something?" Harry says, oblivious that what he said was very offensive.

" You're serious?!" Paisley says and turns back away, clutching her bag tightly with anger. Harry grabs her arm and the bag flies out of her hand and straight into the snow. Harry quickly gives it back to her.

" Paisley! I can't help if you won't even talk to me." He says annoyed.

" Harry! Every girl in Hogwarts has been asked to the Yule Ball, and you haven't even bothered to talk to me about it! Regardless if you just assume we're going together I still want to be formally asked. All this talk of wanting to be treated like everyone else? Well I want a proper Ball proposal like every other girl, Harry Potter!" Paisley says, shoving her dress into his arms and darts away again. Harry sprints after her and runs around her, stopping her in her tracks. He drops the back and pulls her close.

" I love you." He whispers, close enough to her lips for her to feel his breath. He kisses Paisley, she kisses back, her fury turns into lush. Paisley pulls away and picks up her dress bag, it is now yet because of the snow but she doesn't mind. The words 'I love you,' race through her brain. All she wants to do is tell him she loves him back but she can't let him get that satisfaction yet.

They turn the corner and see Hermione and Ron, holding a new spell book. Together they walk back to the castle, eager to get inside and cuddle up by the fire.