Chapter One ~ master.

Harry had abruptly woken by the stomps on the stairs above him, causing him to jolt up and smack his head on the bottom of the stair case that was the ceiling of his bedroom. This immediately caused a splitting headache, he held his hand to his forehead and could feel the sticky blood that was now on his hand. He had no lights in his cupboard but he knew this was a bad cut, not that he hadn't had much, much worse before though.

The cupboard door was ripped open, he squinted into the light and saw the piggy face of his abusive uncle. He backed up against the wall holding his knees to his chest but a big pudgy hand grabbed his small, bony wrist and ripped him from the tiny space that he slept in every night for the last five years, the place he was ripped out of every morning right before he was forced to make breakfast for his cousin (Dudley), his aunt (Petunia), and his terrible uncle (Vernon), and then he had to sit there and watch them all eat breakfast as a family, and Harry didn't get one single scrap of the big breakfasts that he made each morning.

This morning was different though, he could feel the rage spewing off of his uncle, he knew it was not going to be a good morning, after all, there were never good mornings but he could tell this one was going to be significantly worse than some of the others.

As he was dragged out of the cupboard and thrown to the floor, he was kicked in the stomach with so much force that he went flying into the wall (which wouldn't even take that much force anyways considering how tiny he was). Harry was then picked back up and kicked in the stomach again, grimacing at the sound of his rib cracking as he crumbled to the floor. He was kicked in the face with his uncle's big, black boot. He felt the blood trickle from his nose down his face, though it hurt immensely, he sat up, not wanting to drip his blood on the floor. He then heard Dudley run down the stairs right before he was kicked in the back by his awful cousin. His uncle then dragged him up the stairs, Harry didn't fuss though because that would only make matters worse. Once his uncle reached the top of the stairs he ordered Harry to stand up, shaking, Harry stood facing Vernon, his uncle kicked him in the stomach and Harry tumbled down the entire flight of stairs, smacking his head on the wall at the bottom. He was screamed at to go clean the blood from his face and anywhere else that was bleeding.

In the bathroom upstairs he shook hearing his uncle downstairs yelling at him to come and make breakfast, he finished cleaning his face and headed downstairs.

"Don't you burn anything boy, or this morning will be nothing compared to when I get home from work" Vernon said with clenched teeth "and don't even think about sneaking any food or you won't be fed until you're on the verge of death". "Yes sir" Harry said politely. "CALL ME MASTER" screamed Vernon as he jumped up from the table, walked over to Harry and punched Harry right square in the nose with his large, fat fists. Harry backed up a step but fought the urge of collapsing on the floor, knowing that if he was on the floor again he would be kicked.
He started breakfast, today he was making pancakes which where hard to make perfect on the crappy pan he was given to cook with, but he managed not to burn anything, just as he was making the last pancake Dudley whimpers. "what is it Dudders" aunt Petunia said in a voice she had never spoken to Harry before. "I WANT MORE BREAKFAST" screamed Dudley, a vain popping from his large forehead. Harry quickly mixed up more batter and made more pancakes, he brought them over to Dudley who looked at Harry in disgust.
Uncle Vernon walked out the door for work after writing a list of chores for Harry to complete while he was gone. Petunia and Dudley got in the car to head to school (Petunia is a teacher at Dudley's school) Harry immediately got to work, he washed the pan he had made breakfast with and all the other dishes form breakfast, he then dusted, swept, wiped down, and vacuumed the entire house, this is what he did every single day since he was tall enough to push a vacuum. Harry then headed to his cupboard to tend to his wounds from earlier that morning, he had some old bandages he always used to wrap his ribs or what ever else hurt (of course only if it was somewhere Vernon wouldn't see the wrap) if his uncle ever found out he had something to help with pain he couldn't imagine what would happen. He shivered at the thought. He checked the list one more time, all of his chores were finished. After checking the list two more times he headed to his cupboard.

Harry went into his cupboard and later on his sad excuse for a bed, (it was a mattress from a baby crib that had once belonged to Dudley, it was the only mattress that would fit in the tiny space called Harry's bedroom). Harry drifted off to sleep after he finally got slightly comfortable.

With a loud stomp Petunia and Dudley walked through the door, Harry jolted immediately up right regretting it because of the the pain in his ribs, but at least he hadn't hit his head this time. He laid back down only to be have dust falling on his face from Dudleys big heavy foot steps on the stairs above him. He eventually fell back to sleep though.

He woke up to a loud banging on his door, it was aunt Petunia. "Get your lazy ass up and make my family dinner you brat!" She hollered, " yea, make me dinner you freak" Dudley added. Harry got up and quickly went to the kitchen. He started making what they had asked for, burgers. A burger sounded incredible to Harry who had not eaten in a week and 2 days. His mouth watered as he browned the burger patties. Uncle Vernon walked in and smacked him in the back of the head causing Harry to squint his eyes shut in pain because of the blow he took to the head from his beating that morning which was surprising not nearly as bad as most. He continued to cook for the family even with the pounding head ache. He toasted the burger buns and as he went to remove them from the toaster oven a large hand from over his shoulder held his hand onto the scorching hot rack, Harry cried out and pulled his hand away "what is taking so damn long freak?!" He yelled into Harry's ear. Harry stutters out the words "sorry sir, it will be finished shortly" his uncle grabbed him and threw him over his shoulder "I told you to call me Master." he said while stomping down the hallway. He rammed Harry into the wall with all of his power, Harry dropped to the floor. Harry was lying on the floor in a ball but quickly stood up to get the patties off of the grill and the buns out of the toaster, relieved to see nothing had burned, he put everything together and set it gently onto the table, he walked over to the chair in the corner where he always sat to watch them eat meals. As they finished Vernon looked over at Harry, Harry could feel his uncle looking at him so he kept his eyes looking at the ground "where's the pie, kid?!" Vernon said, anger rising in his voice. "Y-you didn't t-tell me t-to make any m-master" Harry said slowly and timidly. His uncle stood up and walked over to the list on the counter, he grabbed a pen out of the drawer and wrote "bake a pie" at the bottom of the list "there, now I did." Vernon said with a smirk on his face "but guess what, there is no pie like I wrote on the list now is there boy?" Vernon said his smirk widening into a grin Harry shook his head side to side slowly.
"BATH TIME" his uncle said his grin was now a devilish smile.

Harry shuddered and almost started to cry, but he held back because Vernon loved to see the pain he put Harry through so Harry didn't give it to him the satisfaction that easily. Harry involuntarily whimpered "what was that?!" Vernon said turning to look at Harry walking up the stairs behind him. "N-nothing Master" Harry said quietly. He continued following his uncle who was now out of breath from walking up just one flight of stairs. They reached the bathroom and Vernon told Harry to strip, Harry reluctantly obeyed. His uncle made the bath extremely hot as usual. He ran Harry's arm under the cold sink water for about a minute which hurt as is but he then picked up Harry and set him into the extremely hot bath tub, he tried to escape but Vernon held him there, seconds later Vernon grabbed the boy and completely submerged him under the water for about a minute. This process went on for around 45 minutes but it felt like hours to poor Harry. Vernon stopped every few rounds to make the water hot again, Harry barely getting a breath in between each dunk in the tub. Finally Vernon was bored he told Harry to dress and head to the living room. Harry obeyed. Sitting in the living room, on the floor because, of course he wasn't aloud on the furniture, he waited for his uncle, the fat man wobbled down the steps and over to Harry, he looked down and smiled at the little five year old Harry Potter. He reached into his pocket and grabbed his pocket knife "shirt off freak" he ordered. Harry took his shirt off, "lay on your stomach" his uncle said, Harry did as he was told. "If you wake my family you will have a rude awakening in the morning brat" uncle Vernon said. "Yes m-master" Harry said with his face smushed into the floor. He felt the cold, sharp knife touch his skin he squinted his eyes shut like he always did because he couldn't make any noise, minuets later his uncle finished brutally engraving a word into the poor boys skin. Harry now had three words engraved on his back two old and one new, the words read "freak", "servant", and the newest one "brat".

Harry was then thrown into his so-called room and hit the wall behind his bed smacking his head against it which didn't help his head ache at all. He slowly fell to sleep.

1,856 words! Hope you enjoyed the first chapter! Let me know if there is anything I need to work on. :) please vote though so I know that people are at reading these. Thank you 🤍 I can work on! :