I'm Not Crazy

Percy

My eyes were blinded by a white light as I woke up. After sitting up groggily, I looked around.

I was in a mortal hospital, a small table with 'Greek gods and heroes the book' next to it. A small beeping from a machine in decayed that I was still alive, and doctors scurried past me outside the window.

Where was Annabeth? Surely she would've been with me at a time like this. And why did it feel like I had been asleep for years?

A nurse walked in, her black hair tied back and her nose still buried in a clipboard. When she looked up she smiled and told me to lay back down.

I didn't listen.

"Where's my girlfriend? Or my mother for that case? And where am I?" Questions came out faster than I could stop them.

"Don't worry mr Jackson, we will explain everything shortly. First I will go get your mom and stepdad," the nurse said.

Before I could do anything, she walked out of the room. I ripped off the job in my arm and turned off the beeping.

My mom came rushing in a few moments later, her eyes watering as she crashed me in a hug.

"My baby boy," she whispered, hugging me as though she hadn't seen me in years.

Paul walked in after and told her to give me some space, whatever that meant. Then he introduced himself.

Why would he introduce himself if I already knew him?

"Mom, hey is Paul introducing himself? I already know him. Oh, and where's Annabeth? Or Grover?"

"Sweetie," mom said, sitting down on the bed next to me, "you've been in a coma since you were twelve. Annabeth doesn't exist,"

I gave a nervous laugh, "of course she does,"

"No Percy, she doesn't," mom said again, "and as for Grover, she still visits a lot and she'll be here soon,"

"Paul, tell my mom she's crazy. I haven't been in a coma for years," I reasoned.

"Im sorry Percy, but whatever life you remember is fiction,"

I don't remember much of what happened next. All I know is I had tried to reason with myself. I hadn't been in a coma. I hadn't been in a coma. The life I remember was real.

Right?

"This is perfectly normal for coma patients—especially children—to have life'a in their head. They will usually fit in things they heard in the outside world so it's no surprise he knew he had a stepdad, or remembered Grover," I overheard the doctor say.

"Well then how do we get him to believe reality?" Mom asked. What was she talking about? Did she seriously think I had been in a coma all my life?

"We Will have to put him in therapy until he is ready to believe reality. Until then open him up to his normal life, make everything as normal as you can,"

The car ride back home was quiet. Paul had attempted to make conversation but when he brought anything up I replied with what I normally replied.

B it here—wherever here might be—talking about Zeus and Hera being annoying wasn't exactly normal.

We walked up to the apartment in silence, and nothing had changed then what I remembered. This was my home and it was the same as it always was.

The only thing was, there were no pictures of me past twelve. It's like all those trips I took them to the zoo—I'm still a child—or the aquarium never happened.

It was like once I turned twelve my life was erased.

A knock at the door snapped me out of the thoughts. Mom ran to get it, "that should be Grover,"

She opened a door to reveal a teenager around my age. She had straight brown hair that ended at her rib cage, her green eyes watery.

Before I knew it, her arms were over my head as she hugged me with everything she had. Mom called her Grover but I knew one thing for sure.

This wasn't Grover.

Yay, new book!

I'm super exited for this and hope y'all are as interested as I am.

Well that's all.

Let the lonely live forever,
LonleyDarkLord