LXX

Outside the bus, Beomgyu, Soobin and Kai split up.

"You two go get us sandwiches while I get candy and chips, cool?" Beomgyu asked.

"Cool!"

"Sure," Soobin chirped, letting Kai link arms with him.

"Be sure to get me and Tae cheese sandwiches," Beomgyu sang, skipping away towards the shop.

"Oh we forgot to ask Yeonjun-hyung what sandwich he wanted," Kai chuckled.

"Oh he'll eat anything," Soobin replied jokingly.

The place where the sandwiches were being handed out was bustling with students but Soobin and Kai somehow managed to push themselves in to become a part of the crowd.

As Soobin managed to reach the front with Kai right behind him, he asked Kai which sandwich he wanted.

"Peanut butter jelly."

"Okay."

"What sandwich would you like, Soobin?" Mr. Kim asked and for a second, all conscious thought left his headspace as another student roughly pushed him with a "Hurry up, c'mon."

Soobin felt two hands helping him straighten up, "You alright, Bin-hyung?"

Soobin shook the uneasiness off and said confidently, "I would like two peanut butter jellies and three cheese sandwiches, please."

"For your friends too, right? Here you go," Mr. Kim handed him the sandwiches with a smile.

"Thank you," Soobin replied with a small nod of his head before quickly scrambling out of the crowd.

"Wow that was an exhausting," Soobin commented with a chuckle.

"You alright, hyung?"

"Of course, why wouldn't I be? Thanks by the way," Soobin smiled.

"I would've shoved the little brat," Kai commented.

"Right," Soobin laughed as they watched Beomgyu running back to them with a pile of junk food in his arms.

"Nice haul, wow," Kai commented as he took some from Beomgyu to help carry it.

"Got to make sure we're well stocked up," Beomgyu winked.

Back at the bus, as soon as the others had left, there had been silence, Yeonjun had been watching the three outside the window and Taehyun was watching Yeonjun, wanting to ask the older something but hesitating.

"Hyung," Taehyun called out after a bit.

"Yeah?" Yeonjun turned to the younger.

"Are you and Soobin-hyung dating?"

"What? No," Yeonjun laughed.

"Oh I thought you liked him," Taehyun said surprised.

"Of course I do, a lot. I like him a lot," Yeonjun replied wistfully. They both looked at Soobin and Kai in the crowd outside.

"So are you going to ask him out?"

"Nope."

"You're not?"

"Nope. Oh by the way," Yeonjun turned back to Taehyun

"Yeah, hyung?"

"Kai likes him, right?"

"Who? Soobin-hyung?"

"Yeah."

"Yeah," Taehyun replied in a low voice, instantly feeling guilty for having told his friend's secret.

"Cool."

"Why do you ask, hyung?"

"I think they'd make a great pair, don't you agree?"

"What? I thought you liked Soobin-hyung!"

"I do."

"And Soobin-hyung likes you..?"

"He'll get over me soon enough," Yeonjun replied, making contact with Taehyun's eyes, and Taehyun saw what seemed to be longing in the elder's eyes. But before Taehyun could ask what the older meant, in came the three boys, Beomgyu excitedly rushing up to Taehyun to feed him some cool candy he'd found.

After taking their seats, Soobin handed Yeonjun a peanut butter jelly sandwich, "This one's fine, right hyung?"

"Yup. Thanks, Binnie," Yeonjun replied, ruffling the younger's hair as he took the sandwich.

"See, told you he'd take anything," Soobin said to Kai with a chuckle.

"Aww, and I thought you were trying to match with me by getting the same sandwich as me," Kai joked.

"I don't think it'd taste too good, just saying," Soobin replied.

"Why not?"

"Why would it?" Soobin opened his own sandwich and took a bite of one of the two wrapped in the plastic.

"Well it does," Kai retorted, taking a bite out of one of his too.

"Really?"

"Bet it tastes better than yours, hyung. Why would a cheese sandwich taste good if it isn't a grilled cheese sandwich?"

"There's no way yours taste better than mine, this is pretty good."

"As if!" Kai stuck his tongue out at the older, "I love mine, it's so good."

Soobin doubtfully looked at the younger's sandwich.

"If you want you can try it, hyung," Kai offered his second sandwich to Soobin.

"Well, you eat this and see for yourself too," Soobin handed Kai his and took Kai's.

"What a long roundabout way to get a trade," Beomgyu commented, earning chuckles from Yeonjun and Taehyun.

The rest of the ride was filled with the boys playing silly games, talking about random things and snacking away. Taehyun however, couldn't concentrate as his mind played over his and Yeonjun's conversation again and again. As Taehyun looked at Yeonjun the older seemed like his usual self, happy and joking about. Taehyun couldn't pin what the older had meant and it bugged him how the older had instantly just switched back to his usual self.

That evening was a chill one, they were taken to a park for an evening stroll before dinner and after dinner, the boys had cuddled up together to watch a movie before one by one, going to bed.