Prologue

The up and down motion of the ship eased as they grew closer to their destination. One could feel a sigh of relief about to burst through the air but no one dared to release it. Not yet. They would not be safe until the Sun Boat had gotten to the East to start Ra's journey through the day's sky. 

Set and Horus prowled the top outer deck undisturbed by the cold vacuum of space. The ship infused with the power of Ra provided them with enough heat to keep them comfortable. Both gods were in their warrior apparel, which in Egyptian fashion was only a white loin cloth across their waists and kohl lining their eyes. Their heads seemed to change from their strikingly handsome faces, to that of their animal representations. Horus a hawk, and Set the animal named after him.  Horus came to an abrupt stop in his prowling staring up into the stars noticing something with his hawk like vision.

Set noticed his companion's sudden stillness, "What do you see chicken man?"

"I am not sure, but whatever it is, it is heading in our direction."  He said not taking his eyes off the spot, "And are the names really necessary?

"Oh, one-hundred percent." Set clarified trying to make out what Horus was seeing, "It seems whatever it is, it is still outside the Duat so it can't be one of Aphosis' forces. They would already be in the magic barrier of the solar system. Most likely it is just a shooting star or some other space debris. Do not worry Chicken Man, it will most likely just bounce off the barrier and continue its sad cold lonely existence through space."

Even with that said both men never took their eyes off the ever growing mass heading towards them. Each had his hands on their weapons but other than that they seemed to be completely unfazed. Despite what Set had predicted the thing in question did not bounce off the seemingly thin barrier of the Duat as it should have done. It had broken through and was heading in a straight course towards the ship, gradually picking up speed as it got caught in the gravitational pull of the planet they were heading to.

Horus' eyes widened as he realized what was going to happen, "It's going to crash into the ship. We need to get everyone on the outer decks inside and put up the shields now. "

Set wasted no time and said in an impossibly loud commanding voice, "INSIDE NOW! THIS IS NOT A DRILL! I REPEAT INSIDE THE SHIP! THIS IS NOT A DRILL!"

Any gods defending the decks quickly scrambled inside leaving only Set and Horus outside as they made sure everyone was out of harms way. The two gods watched in silence as it got closer and closer.

The now blazing object was almost on top of them when Set said, "Ah, shouldn't we be inside if we do not wish to explode?"

Horus' only answer was, "Crap," as they hurried as fast as they could inside.

The crew did not have enough time to put up the shields and get everyone back inside before the UFO hit their ship. The impact caused the vessel to jerk forward causing everyone to get flung forward. The force of the impact left them all stunned but when they could, everyone got up and looked out in silence waiting for a foe to rise from the smoke. Each second seemed to lengthen into days but no one moved, no one blinked all waiting for the inevitable.

A figure who was graced upon a throne of fire brook the silence, "Lieutenant, I believe that we have waited long enough for someone or something to appear from the crash don't you agree?"

Set grinned, "I do my king."

Set with Horus along with a woman with a leopard patterned warrior dress, Bast, ordered for the doors to be opened. They edged the crash with speed but also caution. 

When coming up to the mysterious object they all came to a sudden halt in confused shock.

"Is-is that...?" Bast asked.

"That's what it seems," Horus agreed, "But the likely hood of them surviving all that with no visible life support, is not the greatest."

Set began working on prying open the container before Horus grabbed him by the arm and threw him off.

"What are you doing? It could be a trap!" He hissed.

Set shook Horus off and continued opening it up, "Do you feel any chaos energy in there? If they are still in this thing we should get them out and figure out how they got here."

"Set stop." Bast commanded.

"Look if we are going to figure out what...."

Bast brushed past him and pressed something on the containers side and it immediately sprang open.

"It has a button stupid. And...." Bast stopped when she saw what was inside, "Oh the poor thing. Is she alright?"

Bast stooped down and picked up a bundle from inside the container and cuddled it close to her chest. Set and Horus moved in closer to get a closer look of the infant now in Bast's arms.

"She is so little, how did she wind up here?" Set whispered so as to not to wake the baby.

"I do not know. What I do know is that she needs to be seen by a medic, we have no idea what she has been through. I will take her, you two can study the cradle and figure out where she came from." Bast said before going back inside the ship.

When she was inside Ra asked, "What do you have there Bast?"

"A baby your majesty. I wish to take her to see a medic for any injuries she might have obtained. Space is not a very forgiving place."

"Indeed. You may go."

Bast bowed and continued deeper into the ship to find a medic. Meanwhile Set and Horus were having little to no luck identifying the origin of the baby and the cradle she was in.

"No symbols, no signature of the creator of the cradle, this thing is completely blank." Horus said in frustration.

"Patience chicken man, you barely even tried to look. See here? It is a slight imperfection in the lid meaning if pry your fingers just so..... Aha!" Set grinned in triumph as two miniature doors swung open revealing a small compartment.

"A note is engraved... We need to show this to the Pharaoh." Horus said.

They detached the lid from the cradle and carried it inside and presented it to Ra.

Ra rose from his throne and took the lid from them and read, "A child of power, a child of noble birth, the child who is the Emotion Infinity Stone. Destined for greatness, destined for love, destined for pain, will mend the torn pieces of the universes or forever shatter them. A warning to the Duatians; treat her with respect, treat her as your own, raise her as the queen she is or your prophesied end will come faster than you know."

"My king, what does this mean?" Horus asked.

Ra raised his brow, "It means Horus, that the universe has chosen my successor."