Chapter one; He's connected to the girl's bathrooms

"Tsuchigomori."

The Spider-faced apparition turned, "Yes, honorable number seven?"

Hanako had hoped to find other ways before coming to his former teacher, a way to fulfill Yashiro's wish of "living another 90 years." But other than the fake world, he had run out of ideas on ways to save her. It was only a couple of days ago when the thought that perhaps, his presence was the cause of her shortened lifespan. So here he was in front of his former teacher looking for confirmation.

"Humans and apparitions aren't supposed to mix, so..." his hands gripped the hem of his old uniform, "what if I'm the reason Yashiro's lifespan is short?"

Tsuchigomori took a drag from his pipe, "No. The length of her lifespan was confirmed the minute she was born," he paused, "however... the ties she has with supernaturals might bring her closer to the far shore."

He knew what this meant, he would have to cut ties with Yashiro if he wanted to prevent further deterioration of her already short lifespan. He had hoped for another way to prevent this, he really had. And as much as he won't admit it, he didn't want to lose the first friend he made. But Hanako knew from the start; humans and apparitions shouldn't mix.

He left the room and went to search for one of the clock keepers.

"You want me to just rewind her memories and her body of ever meeting you?"

The gakuran donning boy nodded.
"Yeah. It would be wise to remove the boy's memories as well."

Kaku thought for a moment before replying.
"Very well, but may I ask you something, honorable number seven?"

"What is it?"

"Why are you crying?"

___

Yashiro was in her second-period class when she found a letter. A love letter at her desk. She was positive it was for her this time! Her first love letter! She couldn't wait to show it to Hana-...

Hana?

She didn't know someone named "Hana."

She looked at the letter in her hands.

And...Who was she going to brag this to again...?

The question puzzled her throughout her school day, it wasn't anything to completely derail her thoughts, but it kept bugging her. There were also several instances where she instinctively went to the girl's bathroom, even though she had no business being there. At times, the daikon would see flashes of memories of a boy donning an old school uniform.

"Who are you?" She would wonder to herself, but none of her thoughts could respond with an answer.

She went home with her shoulders slumped. It didn't help that both her parents had busy jobs, so they were rarely home, but there was a box of sweets on the table along with a post-it note on top. "Help yourself :) " It read. Yashiro sighed, exhaling her melancholy through the breath. She removed the note and peered inside. Donuts. Plain donuts. She didn't really like plain ones though.
"Hah...I can still give them to H-"
There it was again. Frustration built up in her chest.

"Why can't I seem to remember you? Why is it that when I look at these donuts, I have a desire to give them to you?"

The daikon girl was determined to figure out who they were, so she took the donuts to school, hoping to find who they were looking for.

She gave one to most of her classmates, but the longing in her heart refused to relax. She gave one to Kou as well, but all it did was to spark a memory of when they made donuts together, ones just like these. They both remember making them for someone, but for whom?
"It's okay, Senpai! I'll help you search for them!"